CHAPTER 8 - HIDE by LITTLE MAY

Just a quick not to tell you the significance of this song. "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love" and this Little May song, "Hide" created the soil for this story to grow. I imagined what it would be like to hear someone you care about having sex next door. It warped into Eren. I hope you enjoy this chapter.
Much love!

SPOTIFY LINK  https://open.spotify.com/track/3giMvVYDITrYZ2UIyU1r84?si=cddb358d7b054ddf

There were two definite ways Eren could tell that he was triggered by his move to the new apartment.

One was that he'd fucked a different person every night for over a week in his new bed. He was terrified of walking into the apartment at night, yawning with loneliness.

The second reason is that he couldn't actually sleep in his new bed once they left. He'd stay up until the sun came up, and then he'd pass out on the carpet next to the bed.

He didn't want to feel the emptiness that this much larger place poured into him. He tried to have a friend over for dinner as often as they could, and then he'd go to the bar down the street afterwards. There was always someone who had that look in their eye. Please take me home with you. He couldn't turn away. Men. Women. Although he really preferred the men. The sound of their deep voices purring in his ear. The way that they held him...so roughly, yet tenderly at the same time. The feel of their stubble against his inner thigh. He felt the safest with them.

He could only give to the women. He couldn't take. Their voices set him on edge. He felt like he might break them or pull their skin off if he grasped them too hard when he came. But, they would always stay a while longer, their heads on his chest, and their soft fingers running down his arm. It was a different kind of safe. One that he starved for. And in turn, to feel protective, made him feel less vulnerable.

The best part of all of this was messing with the cute guy who lived next door. He didn't actually know if he was cute, because he hadn't seen him yet, but he could just tell. The guy always waited until after Eren had finished fucking to bang on the wall and yell. Wonder what he's doing up until that moment...if he can really hear them?

Eren hadn't been able to meet him yet, and even still, he didn't plan on fucking him. That would be so awkward, considering he never kept anyone around that often.

That guitarist though...Levi? Shit, he'd drop to his knees and propose to him if he ever got to see him again. Fat chance since he pretty much disappeared like a ghost. He'd called every bar in the city to see if they had a band called Survey Corps play for them, but they all said the band played at GuitarBar. Since they obviously were referring to their last show a couple of weeks ago, Eren assumed maybe they'd moved on out of town.

That man was the one his mind circled back around to every time. When he was fucking whoever he was fucking, he'd see Levi's face and imagine him underneath him or between his legs. But what he'd really want Levi to do is just take him, his strong hands on his hips, his power pushing through him. He wouldn't have to be in charge of anything; he could just let go and get fucked. Get lost.

Armin and Jean knocked on the door before letting themselves in. A really tall and buff blonde guy walked in, and Eren's eyes trailed over his body.

"Er, this is Reiner." Armin gestured to Reiner. "Reiner...Eren."

Reiner stepped forward with his hand out and grinned wide. Eren was sure there was a sparkle coming off his teeth. "Nice place you got here."

"Thanks," Eren said, shaking his hand firmly. "You guys hungry?"

Jean, who was always hungry said, "Yeah! Whatcha got?"

"Macaroni and cheese," answered Eren, smiling.