CHAPTER 37 - STILL OF THE NIGHT by WHITESNAKE

The hardest parts of writing stories is when the conflict and difficulty come into play. Like you, I don't want to see anything but sweet stuff between my boys. I'll do just about anything to avoid hurting. But I've learned that I have to push through, and you have my word that they will have a happy ending. We've got to get through this tough stuff to get to the most wonderful part. So hang in there with me. 

Also, want to send a shout out to my PocketBitches on our 3rd anniversary. I think about you everyday. You're still my girls. I love you:  

DiabLolita

Ackermans_love_420

Jellie_bellies

Nanaleedia

SPOTIFY LINK: https://open.spotify.com/track/40GS2O35HIqhOVCFZZTfFF?si=e8729df893b04190

While waiting in Levi's office the night before, Hange had shared their story with Levi. It was the most he'd gotten out of all Levi or his friends, including Isabel. He loved that they all respected him so much, but it drove him crazy to completely be on the outside looking in. Every friend Levi had enjoyed a history with the man. Eren craved that kind of connection...those kinds of roots...with his boyfriend. As much as he loved his time with Levi and the feelings they shared, he felt left out. Getting Hange to spill like that, thanks to the beer they had pilfered from Levi's fridge, well, it was gold. He stared at Hange, nodding.

Eren wanted to be patient with them, but he could barely sit still. Quietly he leaned forward and looked up into Hange's face. "What did your dad say?"

"There wasn't a lot he could say." Hange shrugged. "It was hard for me to understand the depth of Levi's terror expertise, but my dad was scared shitless. As much as I loved that little man and trusted him...shit I have trusted him with my whole life, I'll tell you Eren, he really was scary." They shook their head. "I don't ever...ever want to be on the wrong side of that man."

Feeling a shock run through him, he tried to imagine that kind of emotional violence. The night Levi had left him in the bar...that fury in him. It scared him. Turned him on too, but he knew Levi's barely veiled menace was a force he didn't want to experience. Like Hange, he knew there was a line in Levi. One that could snap. He was grateful that the men they'd fought in the bar that night and Hange's dad were the ones Levi had exacted that rage upon.

Hange took a swig of their beer and looked around. They looked a little nervous.

"Are you okay?

Nodding their head, Hange smiled. "Yeah, it's just the more I think about it, the more I know he'd be pissed at me for telling you all of this."

Eren rolled his eyes and huffed. "He won't tell me anything about his life, Hange. He paused, his eyes filling up. "Everything I know about him, I've heard from Farlan and his friends. He won't answer any questions."

"Do you tell him about your life?" Hange asked.

"For the most part. He certainly knows more about me than I do about him. He doesn't have any problem asking Belles about me." He glanced at them. "It feels really lonely."

Hange got up and moved to Eren's couch. They wrapped their arm around the boy's shoulders. "Eren, it's not you. It just takes some time."

He sniffed and leaned his head against Hange's shoulder. "It's hard not to take it personally. How come he was able to share them with you?"