PROLOGUE

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

F R E E T O F L Y

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

❥๑━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━๑❥

** This story is considered AU - though some parts will follow along the plotline created by the author of all things Harry Potter **

** This book will contain M A T U R E THEMES. Things such as: alcohol use, sexual content, violence, angst, anxiety/depression, and death will be involved. I will do my best to use trigger warnings before each chapter that contains any of these heavy situations/topics so that you can prepare yourself. **

** All original characters/plots/dialogue belong to the author of Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling. I am not supportive of said individual. **

❥๑━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━๑❥

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚Corvus Oculum Corvi Non Eruit˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚

Romina Rose, a brown-eyed beauty born on February 14, 1961 to the Lestrange family. A family so old, so wealthy, and so powerful who held the notion of pure-blood supremacy. She was one of the happiest of accidents for the sacred twenty-eight, pureblood family. A family who never had a reason to celebrate the holiday of love - before now, that is. Her parents thought they were done having children after their boys, Rodolphus and Rabastan, were born so when they welcomed the dark-haired, brown-eyed newborn baby girl into their lives' – it was quite a surprise.

Being the only girl had some advantages, of course. Romina enjoyed the finest of fine things as a young girl. Her father doted on her, as did her older brothers, and she was lucky enough to not get sucked into the dark and twisted meetings that were held in the Malfoy Manor. She was far too young, having been six years younger than her brothers. But that didn't mean that her brothers didn't tell her everything once they got back home.

"Mina, you cannot believe the power our Dark Lord has." Rabastan exclaimed excitedly. He and Rodolphus were just twelve at the time, so that made their darling little sister only six-years-old. "When you are old enough we'll make sure that you can come to the meetings with us."

The dark-haired beauty stared up at her brothers with large, wondering eyes. "What is he like? Is he handsome? Is he like royalty?"

Rodolphus leaned back with a loud laugh at his sister's questions. Once he gathered his wits, he reached over and picked Romina up to sit her down in his lap, giving her a playful kiss on the cheek before tickling her sides.

"He is not handsome, Mina. But don't tell him I said that." Rodolphus grinned as his sister turned to wrap her arms around him in a tight hug – as tight as possible for a little six-year-old girl. "But just like Rabastan said...he is very powerful. And it would be in your best interest to make sure he cares for you. You're the youngest girl in all the oldest pure-blood families, you know. We'll make sure you're the most powerful in his army."

"Yeah, he's already talked about marrying you off." Rabastan teased. He thoroughly enjoyed getting a rise out of the little girl.

"Marriage?!" she squealed, her cheeks turning red as she got up to chase after Rabastan.

Even at just six-years-old, Romina felt a weird feeling in the pit of her stomach at the thought of joining this man's "army". She didn't understand the concept of being married off – after all, at every play date with Regulus and Sirius, she forced them to play house and if a real marriage was anything like that, she thought she would be happy. Especially if she married her best friend.

When the time came that she was finally of age – atleast to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy - the dark-haired girl found herself standing with her parents on the platform, hand in hand with her best friend, Regulus Black.

This was the last year her brothers would be students in Hogwarts. She knew she would be grateful to have them both by her side, atleast for one school year anyway. They had their own group of friends and wouldn't want to be tied down with an eleven-year-old, she knew that. But she was excited to finally be a part of the pack. A part of the group of Lord Voldemort's most loyal followers.

Rabastan and Rodolphus were right about two things. He was powerful and he was not handsome. Romina quickly learned to focus on the background when she was in the same room as the man. Was that what he really was? Although she knew better than to question him – she grew up with the knowledge that he could help her become a very powerful witch. And that was something she was, currently, ok with.

"Reggie, I'm a bit nervous." She whispered from the side of her mouth. She glanced at him quickly, hoping that neither of their parents had heard her anxious tone of voice.

Especially not Orion and Walburga Black. Walburga terrified Romina. Growing up she had spent a lot of time at the Black household. Her brother, Rodolphus, was strangely attracted to Regulus' cousin, Bellatrix. He was courting her, or so he told their parents.

Romina wasn't dumb, though. Even for an innocent eleven-year-old, she knew they weren't courting. Atleast not in the traditional sense. She had caught them, this summer, snogging in the Malfoy Manor library. It was rather repulsive to witness.

"Reggie!" Romina cried, rushing back through the hallway and out into the Malfoy gardens.

"Watch it, Mina!" Sirius, Regulus' older brother, groaned as Romina had pummeled right past him to get to his brother.

"Sorry, Siri!" she giggled, grabbing onto both of Regulus' hands before she began pulling him further away through the rose garden.

Sirius watched Romina drag his brother away, shaking his head at the horrible sound of her giggles piercing the air.

"I just saw my brother shoving his tongue down your cousins throat." Romina finally got out, her chest heaving up and down as she caught her breath. She sat down on the fountain, leaning her hand over the edge to dip her fingertips in the water, shivering at the sudden cold sensation against her skin. She stayed bent over, watching her reflection ripple into distortion until she could no longer recognize herself in the water. Shaking the water from her hands, Romina tugged her hair back behind her shoulders and tied it off before she turned to face Regulus.

"That's disgusting. Why do you feel the need to share that information with me?" Regulus had a look of pure disgust on his face. Maybe it was because he was a boy, but he didn't think much about kissing... or girls for that matter.

"Because, Regulus, you're my best mate. I'm going to tell you everything. And if I had to witness that slobbery, snogging mess, then you have to suffer with me." Romina playfully flicked water at him before she started diving into a conversation about what to expect of their first year at Hogwarts.

"Don't be nervous, Mina. We'll be ok." Regulus continued clutching her hand tightly before they both turned to bid their parents' farewell.

Sirius had already wandered off to join his friends. He never stuck around much after being sorted into Gryffindor. Romina felt bad when she had to sit with Regulus and listen to his parents' bash Sirius. He had always been nice to her growing up, but this summer had been different. He was angry all the time, talking back to his parents, and he was putting Regulus down for being the golden son. Romina did not care for Sirius talking about her Reggie like that.

Once they climbed aboard the Hogwarts Express, Romina and Regulus settled in with some of the younger Slytherin students and were on their way.

Romina had no idea what the next seven years had in store for her.

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧ ͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

PUBLISHED: 9/21
END: TBD