Erlebnisse Erudition: Chapter Six

Start from the beginning

"Will I be as cool as Madam Lan?"

"Even more so. You'll be someone your A-niáng will be proud of."

Wei Ying stares at the caelum.

"I hope A-niáng and A-diē are happy... A-niáng, don't worry about A-Ying. Madam Lan is taking really good care of me and so is Lan Qiren. A-diē, I have Lan Zhan and Huan-gege taking care of me. I won't be alone so rest in peace. I love you both so much."

Madam Lan stared at Wei Ying with such love in her eyes. Pulling A-Ying close to her and giving the young master a tight hug. Nothing more cherished than him.

A day after yesterday is called present. And now Wei Ying is walking through the Cloud Recesses without being noticed, holding a red umbrella as he trudges through the bamboo trees he never knew was here. He continued to walk and walk until he reached the end of the bamboo forest. Being greeted by a secluded house in front of him.

"Does someone live here?"

Wei Ying made his way to the front of the house. It was a Hanshi, a house part of the Cloud Recesses. Curiosity filled him, he then walked and got up to the porch. As he was about to knock, the door slid open and he was faced with a sword.

"Ah!"

The man looked at the surroundings and saw no one, until he glanced down.

"A child...?"

"H-hello! This young master greets you. I am Wei Ying."

"Wei Ying? Which sect are you from, young lad?"

"Lan Qiren of Gusu Lan Clan adopted me. I am still not a member but I am considered a disciple of the Lan Clan"

"Dìdì adopted a son...?"

"Are you brothers with Shufu, Mister?"

The man chuckled and leaned down.

"Call me Qingheng-Jun"

"Alright Qingheng-Jun!"

Wei Ying smiles brightly at Qingheng-Jun, making the man soften up to him.

"Why don't you come inside? It's cold out in the rain?"

"Am I allowed to?"

"You may enter."

Qingheng-Jun entered first, followed by Wei Ying. Wei Ying was instructed to sit down, so he did respectfully. Waiting as the man made some tea. The Hanshi smelled like fresh Jasminum Sambac making Wei Ying giggle at the scent. Qingheng-Jun came back and sat across the young master and poured tea in his cup and in his own.

"Wei-gōngzi-"

"Please just call me A-Ying, Qingheng-Jun."

The man let out a soft smile on his face as he continued.

"Don't cut off others when they are speaking, that's a rule."

"I'm very sorry"

"It's alright A-Ying"

Wei Ying smiled at the nickname being said, making Qingheng-Jun crack his mask.

"How did you get adopted by my dìdì?"

"Oh, when I was in the streets of Yiling, the second young master, Lan Zhan saw me. He then called Shufu and they took care of me ever since. Madam Lan is my teacher and so is Lan Qiren. I play with Huan-gege and Lan Zhan every month too with Madam Lan."

Wei Ying says happily.

"Madam Lan...?"

"Mhm! Madam Lan is the coolest teacher I've ever met! She' marvelous!"