Chapter 1- Jamie

My mother ran the soft brush though my thick dark maroon hair. Today was the day. The day I go to Hogwarts.
"The train leaves at 11:00. You have an hour to get ready. I can't believe it's already September 1st!" Mother says in her melodious voice.
"Do you remember the first time you went to Hogwarts?" I asked.
"Of course, Jamie! I remember it vividly! I'm not losing it yet, you know."
And she talks and talks about how she was sorted into Hufflepuff and how she met my dad in her 5th year.
"Now, go put your robes on, I laid them out in your room." She gestured over to the second room on the left.
I walked over and twisted the doorknob. The black robes lay on my bed.
I put them on and looked in the mirror. My hair highlighted my round grey eyes.
My trunk sat in the corner of the room. My new school books, my rolls of parchment and the new quills, but most importantly my wand. Mahogany, Dragon Heartstring, 12 inches. My barn owl, Athena, sat in her cage awaiting the journey to King's Cross.
"Jamie! Your father's home!"
I quickly fed Athena an owl treat and ran to the entry hall.
"Daddy!" I screamed and ran over to hug him. His gentle face smiled and he kissed the top of my head.
"Ready to go, sweetheart?" He asked in his voluminous voice.
"One more thing, Andrew!" My mother pointed her wand at me and a lovely blue flower headband was conjured on my head.
"Thanks." I said, hugging her. Her red hair shone in the sun that poured in through the windows.
"You're lucky that your father managed to get a ministry car from work. You would've been doing Side-Along Apparation!" Mother exclaimed.
"Go grab your trunk and Athena." Father told me.
I got my things and all three of us walked out the door.
A man opened the car door and we all piled in. My things were in the back. And then we drove.
Finally, the car stopped at the station. I smiled as I imagined what would come next.