chapter 21 - natalie

KATERINA SOLDANO

After the great success of Fashion Week, we all went different ways. Dante, Alexia, Mateo, Leon and I flew to New York where we prepped for the meeting with Natalie. Aria and Celeste stayed in France where they had university and ballet. My parents arrived in London a few days after we left to make space for the new seasons collection. Dante's parents went back home to Spain.

The day had finally come. September 23rd. Time to see that bitch again. Alexia and I sat at the furthest table, with our backs toward the entrance. Leon and Mateo sat a few tables in front with dirty martini's in hand. Dante sat 4 tables away, fiddling with a knife. Extra soldiers sat spread throughout the room while 5 stood at the entrance.

Loud, fast footsteps were heard clacking on the marble floor. I turned toward Alexia and nudged her softly. I kept my gaze to the floor until I saw a pair of Louboutin's impatiently tapping. I slowly raised my head while Natalie sat down and then took my sunglasses off. The look on her face was priceless. She paled and her eyes went wide, the phone she was holding clattered as it fell to the ground.

"Hello Natalie. It's been a while," I say smirking.

"What do you want?" she asked with her confidence coming back.

"What I want is to gut you and drop you in the Atlantic for sharks to feed on... but we can't always get what we want," I sigh.

"Look, I don't know what you want to hear Katerina. I had no choice but to betray you. Try not to take it too personally," she said with a smirk.

"You what? You had no choice? Newsflash Natalie, you always have a choice. You lied to me, stabbed me, killed my people and you now have the audacity to say you had no fucking choice? That's rich," I say with a harsh laugh and falling back into my seat.

"Kat, you don't want to kill me. Not now," she said taking hold of my hand.

"Don't ever touch me and call me Kat. I'm not gonna kill you... well not yet anyway," I say recoiling immediately, "Turns out you have some information. Give it to us." Dante joined us and pulled a chair next to me.

"I haven't found anything out," she said with her left eye blinking rapidly. I laughed coldly at her terrible attempt at lying.

"Why do you think you have a choice in this Natalie? You lost your chance at living a relatively normal life when you betrayed at me." I lift my shirt up a little to reveal the scar she gave me, "See this? You gave me this scar 3 years ago. It reminds me of the amount of hate and disgust I have for you. I still can't believe the fact that I thought of you as my sister. The truth is you are only alive because I let you. I won't think twice about letting you die because guess what? You aren't actually that important. You think you're the only informant? Fuck no. If you won't talk I have other methods and people. I suggest you start talking if you don't want to be fed to my dogs," I say my eyes piercing into her.

"Ok fine for fucks sake, I'll tell you but... don't hurt Liam. I love him," she said with tears welling up.

"That's great but we don't fucking care. Hurry up and tell us everything before I blow your brains out," Dante groaned clearly losing patience.

"... Fine. Liam told me that he wouldn't be able to go to Bora Bora with me on the 7th to 14th of November because he had business to attend to. I think he's going to meet up with Fabio Mortocelli in Patroklos. Also there will be a gala 2 weeks after that on the 28th to announce Madelyn's marriage."

"I'm sorry... Madelyn Williams?" Daniel asked.

"The one and only," Natalie said rolling her eyes, "She's getting an arranged marriage to Mischa Levitsky from the Russians."