chapter 4 - the engagement

KATERINA SOLDANO

The days dragged on slowly. I had so much to do but with Celeste and Alexia helping a chunk of the work had been lifted off my shoulders. I had already picked the most important things - venue, catering, guest list ect... but I still had to go wedding dress shopping.

Mum, Celeste, and Alexia were my entourage while in the boutique. I had already tried on 7 dresses that weren't my style but this last one was Celeste's favourite.

It was slightly off the shoulder with a deep neck. The bodice was form fitting and the skirt was a ball gown. There was beautiful embroidery all across the dress and layers of tulle underneath the skirt. Although this marriage was not something I wanted, this dress did make me a little excited.

"So Miss Soldano, will you say yes to the dress?" the sales assistant remarked.

"Yes, yes I do," I simply responded.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The day for the engagement party had arrived. My family had landed in Spain, two days ago and to say the Morales residence wasn't extravagant would be a lie.

The party was starting in 2 hours so I started getting ready

The party was starting in 2 hours so I started getting ready. I took a long soak, thinking about how in a week my life will change forever. After sulking for a while, I got out and changed into my engagement dress. It was sleek, black and sparkly. Dante and I decided to go the unorthodox way and wear black.

I thought of it as symbolism for the death of freedom and fun in my life.

As Dante and I stood on the top level, waiting for the happy couple to be introduced, I heard the laughs and chattering of people below.

"And now for the moment you've been waiting for, can everyone welcome the beautiful couple, Katerina Antoine Volta Soldano and Dante Alexander Castel Morales."

That was our cue. Dante grabbed my hand roughly, snarled at me and we both plastered fake smiles as we walked down the grand staircase.

The room looked magical. There was a beautiful, intricately designed fountain in the middle with 12 gold figurines decorating the edge. 6 large chandeliers shone brightly so the paintings on the ceiling could be seen clearly.

 6 large chandeliers shone brightly so the paintings on the ceiling could be seen clearly