chapter 17 - france

KATERINA SOLDANO

Today we left for Paris. The flight was relatively short, only lasting a little over an hour. Thankfully there wasn't a bruise on my neck and I wore a blue jeans with a shirt and pumps. Dante and I hadn't said a word and I doubt that would change. I noticed a scar had formed from when I slashed him two days ago.

A few seconds after I stepped out of the airport I heard a yell and moments later the air being sucked out of me. Celeste had ran up to hug me.

"Finally you're here. It's been so long. How was Marissa and Blake? I saw pictures of your dress. You looked so pretty," she said blabbering.

She looked behind me and her face darkened.

"Hello Celeste," Dante said offering his hand.

"Don't you fucking talk to me. Get out of my sight before I do something I'll regret," she replied coolly.

Dante clearly looked surprised at Celeste's demeanour. He quickly got into the car. That's the thing I love about Cela. People always underestimate her just because she's not active in the mafia. They seem to forget that she was trained by the Scorpion. Me.

"God I hate him. Has anything happened after I called you?"

"He choked me at the masquerade."

"That's it. I'm gonna fuck him up," she said heading towards the car.

"Cela, stop," I said chuckling, "I can handle him. I won't be living with him anymore and I'll be with Stef after your performance and fashion week."

"We should probably leave now. I'll show you to my humble abode," she said leading me to the passenger seat. Cela went to the other side to get into the drivers seat but Dante was already sitting there.

"Get out," she said expectantly.

"No."

"Kat, I didn't know you married a man child," she said looking at me.

"Trust me, I didn't either," I said laughing.

"Look here kid. I'm Dante Morales. You don't wanna fuck with me. Now give me the keys," Dante said bored.

"How about you look here. I'm Celeste Soldano the owner of the fucking car. I suggest you start listening to me here because I have 5 guards with me right now. They will not hesitate to beat you to a pulp. You're in no position to make threats or demands. So how about you get in the back seat and shut the fuck up," Cela replied glaring at him.

Realising that she wasn't scared and going to back down he reluctantly got in the back. I winked at Cela while she got the car started. We started talking about what we've been doing the past month and reminiscing on our childhood in France.

After 30 minutes we arrived at her cosy apartment. It had 3 bedrooms and a view of the Eiffel Tower. After we settled in, Celeste decided that we needed to get out. Although I had lived in France from when so was 12 to 18, I hadn't explored much of the city. Our estate was out in the countryside so I only ever traveled into the city for meetings. Dante didn't come with us because he was too busy. Also because Celeste didn't want him with us.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

DANTE MORALES

After Katerina and her bitch ass sister Celeste decided to leave, I went to go see the one person I liked in this god forsaken country. My baby sister, Aria. We organised to meet up at a cafe near ESMOD at 12:15PM. I hadn't seen Aria ever since the mafia unity ball. It was now 12:30 and still no sign of her.