chapter 19 - fashion week

KATERINA SOLDANO

After Celeste's performance, Stefan and dad flew to Italy to take care of a new shipment while mum, Dante and I stayed in France for Fashion Week. Celeste would try to make it to the shows in between her performances and training sessions. Mum had been a VIP designer for all 4 Fashion Weeks for the past 20 years so the Soldano family was revered at events like this.

As we entered the lobby of the hotel my mother had rented out for our models, Dante's sister Aria, came to our side.

"Katerina, you guys are here. Oh my God, Colette Soldano... I am so humbled by your presence. Thank you for letting me shadow you this week. I promise to make it worth your time," Aria rambled.

Mum gave her a grin and together they went off to take a look at the items that had come in.

"Sorry we tried to stop her but she's fast," I heard Leon mutter from behind my back.

"Why are you guys here?" I replied.

"We have news on the meeting with Natalie," Alexia replied joining the group.

AUTHORS NOTE:
remember in chapter 6. natalie is the gf of the consigliere of the american mafia. kat and alexia know her from a while back and don't like her.

I gave her a hug and asked, "What about it?"

"The meeting will be at the Inganno at 1PM on the 23rd so that's 13 days from now. You and I will be waiting for her while Leon and Mateo sit at another table. Dante will join us after 10 minutes," she replied.

"Why do I join after 10 minutes?" Dante piped up.

"Alexia and I have some unfinished business with her," I remarked.

"DANTE! OH THERE YOU ARE!"

I groaned loudly as I recognised the voice.

Madelyn Williams.

"Oh look the whole group is here. Anyways I booked a room for Dante and I but this hotel is nicer so maybe I should book a room here for us," she said holding onto his arm.

"No can do Madelyn. This hotel is rented out for members and friends of the Soldano family and the models," I revealed, trying to give her a hint.

"Oh well that's perfect. I'm your friend, right?"

I gave her a dry laugh and narrowed my eyes, "You're not."

"Well I'm Dante's friend.... well maybe a bit more than a friend at this point," she pointed out.

"That's not supposed to help your case Madelyn," I retorted while waving security over to kick her out, "Do us a favour and take yourself and Dante back to your second rate motel. Alexia, Leon and Mateo if you'll follow me I'll show you to your rooms."

The next three days were stressful with me assisting mum and the models but Aria was a great help. She knew a lot more about fashion than I did and was really in her element.

DAY ONE OF PARIS FASHION WEEK

"She's good isn't she?" I murmured to my mum while we watched Aria arrange the order of models.

"Yes she really is. She's helped so much... I'm planning on asking her if she wanted to have an internship with me. Do you think she'll accept?" my mother asked me.

"Definitely, the first ever time I spoke to her she mentioned how you were the reason she got into fashion... and that Stefan was hot," I chuckled.

Mum laughed as she gave me a kiss on the forehead and went to go help a model. I quickly changed into my outfit as I got ready for the first show. Since it was September, it was the Spring/Summer show. Although women are usually meant to walk the runway in September, one of Ammazzre's core mottos is that clothes don't have a gender and as a result my mother decided to showcase both the menswear and womenswear designs.