Chapter 1: Secret Weapons

Start from the beginning

~~~

*(Y/n)'s POV*

I was sitting in the front seat with Jazz in her car as we tried to catch up with Danny. Sam and Tucker were in the back seats. "Jazz, did it ever occur to you that Danny has been doing just fine on his own?" Sam asked. "Without your help?"

"Exactly!" Jazz said as she sped up. "So imagine how much better he'll do with it!" We strolled to a stop in front of Axion Labs. We saw Skulker flying away from the labs and Danny following after him. Jazz glared and grabbed the Fenton Thermos from my lap, and hurried out. "You just earned a one-way ticket to Thermos-Land, ghost!" She activated the Fenton Thermos, and the recoil for her was a little bit too strong. The beam of light grew intense as it shot out into the night sky, causing Jazz to fall on her back. 

While we had hoped it was going to trap Skulker...It ended up trapping my boyfriend instead. 

Danny was screaming in shock as he got sucked inside the Thermos. "Danny!" I said. 

I was already crossing my arms at her when she looked at me apologetically. Sam and Tucker were also glaring at her. 

"Think I should work on my banter?" She asked, bringing a finger to her lips nervously. 

Then Tucker suggested, "Start with your aim."

The next day at school, we were walking to our next class and Tucker was giggling. He had to take a moment to pause and then resume his laughter. I didn't want to laugh, but every time he did, it got me. "It's not funny, you guys." Danny said angrily.

"Hey, he's making me laugh." I said, "You know that I can't help it when someone else laughs. It's very contagious, I swear. I blame Tucker."

"Come on, six hours crammed into the Fenton Thermos, it's totally funny!" Tucker said. 

"Yeah?" Danny asked with a mischievous grin. We walked up behind Dash, who was putting books into his locker. Danny pulled me behind him and slapped the books away from Dash's hand. Dash looked down at us and started growling, but Danny unfazed, pointed at Tucker. "He did it." He said, and my eyes widened.

Dash grabbed at Tucker, and who yelped as he shoved him inside the locker. "Oh, come on!" Tucker shouted and Danny leaned his back against the locker. Sam and I were smiling. 

"Is it funny now?" Danny was smiling, too, sarcastically, as he crossed his arms. 

Sam started to unlock Dash's locker by listening to the lock. "I know you're annoyed, Danny," she said. "But look on the bright side. Maybe that's the mistake that'll give Jazz to stop interfering. The locker was opened, and Tucker was glaring at us. Then, Jazz rushed over, shutting the locker door closed. 

"Darn it!" Tucker said. 

"Guess what I've figured out!" Jazz said. Danny and I exchanged bored looks, and I rested my head on his shoulder. She pulled out her laptop. "I've done painstaking research on last night's mystery ghost!"

The three of us grinned. "Uh, you mean Skulker?" I asked.

Jazz closed her laptop after showing us the files she's made. "Let's just call him Ghost X, and based on my research, I would characterize him as a hunter of some sort."

"Oh...she's good!" Sam mocked as she tried helping Tucker out again. "We didn't figure him out until he screamed-" She rose her fists in the air and deepened her voice. "I am the ghost zone's greatest hunter!"

Tucker fell over unexpectedly and yelped. I frowned when he landed at our feet. Jazz pulled out a folder from her bag. "Here's my composite sketch of Ghost X." Danny took it and unfolded the work. We saw a close sketch of what she drew of Skulker. Honestly, it didn't look too bad, but we were just annoyed. Tucker finally stood up and cracked his back. "And I took the liberty of crafting - I must say, some funny, witty banter for your next encounter with him. Bye!" She waved and walked off.

I took the folder from Danny and stood up straight. "See you later, X?" I read the quotes aloud. Sam was already cringing. "X marks the spot? You've been X'ed?"

"None of those are funny!" Sam complained. 

Tucker was wiping dust from his hands and we looked at him. "And nothing's funnier than her sucking you into the Thermos." He said with a smirk. "You can't follow broad, physical comedy like that with a one liner." 

Danny glared at him and saw Kwan talking to a girl a few feet away from us. He pushed the textbooks away from Kwan's hands. Kwan turned around and snarled at Danny. Danny had no reaction at all, so he pointed at Tucker again in revenge. Tucker was taken aback and his eyes were widened.

Kwan picked him up and shoved him back into the locker face first and slammed it. "But, if Jazz thinks I'm letting her help...Maybe she'll stop interfering as much!" Danny thought as he looked at me and Sam. "Worth a shot, guys?"

I nodded as he took my hand in his again, the three of us walked away from the locker as I said, "Worth a shot." Sam also agreed in unison.

Tucker asked himself inside the locker, "Nobody's coming to get me, are they?"