21. Neon Lights

Song for Chapter: Charlie Brown - Coldplay (the song is from the trailer and it's based around this chapter)

***********
JESSIES POV

The electric lights burn and flicker across the ceiling, casting shadows of neon experiences as we walk into the coloured club. People pushing, screaming, dancing and jumping every which way as the hypnotic bass of the music waves across the crowd.

We are at a new Neon Lights Club, just a few blocks away from our apartment. The schedule of our relationship turning into mush with something new, something exotic like this.

"I'm so glad we came out." I scream to Zayn even though his arm is wrapped around my waist as we glide through the dancing crowd, my white tank top and his white t-shirt causing the neon lights to turn them every colour.

"This is something, alright." He yells back at me.

I grab his hand instead, the heat from his body pressing against mine making the already warm atmosphere hotter. We slip through more dancers before slamming in to the edge of the bar, only one stool empty as Zayn jumps onto it, my back pressed against his high knees.

"What would this lovely lady like to drink?" A cute blonde boys walks up towards us, a shaker in one hand as he wipes the other in his all white attire and his black apron.

"Niall?" Zayn says, a smile immediately spreading along his face.

"Zayn!" Niall calls out, reaching over the table to hug him.

"Hi." I yell through their embrace, Nialls eyes ranking up and down my body as I turn to face the bar.

"Who is this lovely lady Zayn?"

"My girlfriend Jessie, Niall."

"So she isn't single?"

"Niall..."

"I'm right here." I smile, leaving a small kiss at the corner of Zayn's mouth.

"Right- okay sexy lady-"

"Niall.." Zayn says again, his jaw clenching.

"Right I mean Jessie, what can I get for you?"

"Just a cherry vodka please."

"Your lady likes it strong Zayn. She's a keep."

"Fucking hell Niall." We all laugh as Zayn places his order, and Niall walks down the bar to make it for us.

***

Six drinks in and the music starts to move my hips, the sound waves somehow latching onto my body like leaches, begging and pulling me into the crowd of erotic dancers.

"Zayn I wanna dance!" I yell my body slowly waving back and forth as the warm liquid of alcohol makes its way to my blood stream.

"I'm not much of a dancer." He hasn't drank as much as me, only one beer, a shot and ginger ale.

"You're no fun." I pout at him, wanting to cross my arms but the music was just too good to stand still. "Please." I whine into his ear, my lips sucking on his neck as I beg him to have some fun with me.

"Jessie. You go ahead." He kissed my cheek pushing hot air and distance between us.

"Fine. Fuck you." I spit at him, mad at the fact that he never does what I want to do. Maybe the alcohol is getting to me but this anger has been growing for a while now. It's always Zayn's way. We eat what he wants, watch the movie he wants to watch, have sex when he wants to. He is safe and in a way it's comforting knowing I have someone to always go back too, but the routines have made me restless and bothered.