4. Bestfriend's House

Song for this chapter: Tongue Tied -Group Love

******
"Excuse me?" I shoot up from the table I was just sitting at with a boy I thought could actually be genuine.
As I walk to the door I see him twirl up out of his seat and jog over to me, softly tugging my arm so I turn around just outside the little coffee shop in the middle of Washington.

"Oh come on babe. I was only kidding, just getting you back for the coffee joke."

"That was a horrible joke."

"I was just tryna make you laugh."

"You were doing so well too."

"How am I doing right now? 1-10?"

"-5"

"Well that's not surprising. I was never really good at testing."

"Go figure."
We stand there, him blocking my way; purely eyes searching in mine as I am with his.

"God damn Jessie. Can I have your number?" he says it full of frustration, rolling his eyes as if It was his last dying wish.

"I don't know can you?" a smirk slides across my face, just wanting to push him a little further.

He smiles, "Oh god you're one of them teachers aren't cha'"

"Just type it in." I hand him my phone still not sure about the man standing before me. "...and don't put a heart by your name.

"Too late."

"Cheeky." I say grabbing my phone from him as I walk pass him, finally free to walk home.

I think our little talk is over before he yells as I walk across the intersection, "Don't think I won't call you."

I yell back not looking at him so he doesn't see the huge smile on my face, "And don't think I'll pick up."

****
"Sorry I had to leave early for the hospital. The doctors are trusting me more as I go along so they are letting me help when a doctors away. Which is often."

"Don't worry I had a good -"

"Well shit, you met a boy didn't you?"

"Not exactly."

"Oh my god. You so did look at that shit smile on your face."

"Oh shut up." I turn around walking towards my room as I lie in bed already in my pajamas of a t shirt and soft silk shorts. "And I don't have a shit smile. My mother didn't spend 2 grand on braces for me to have a shit smile."

She walks into my room jumping on my bed beside me. "You know Aimee..." I say bringing up the topic she hates, "You don't have to work so hard. I have more then enough money to pay for this rent and then some. I don't have to work and neither do you."

"I know you have money Jess; but I don't. I was raised to work hard for what you have and even though you have a lot of money for unfortunate reasons, you're blowing it off on meaningless things. If I had your money I wouldn't be working 2 jobs plus the internship at the hospital to pay off my student debt, and I see you wasting it on booze and partying and I makes me so sad because you had a 4.0 average. You have one more month of online schooling you haven't finished to get a Master and PHD in philosophy Jessie, and you're throwing it away because you haven't come to terms -"

"Stop."

"No Jessie you have to listen to me, for once just listen to me."

"I'm leaving." I've already pulled on skinny jeans and a short tight shirt putting on my high tops as I walk out, slamming the door behind me.