Ch. 20 Death and Deception

Everyone had been understandably nervous, except for those who had seen war before. Lucia had popped a pint of unfamiliar alcohol called beer and was certainly excited. She had walked up to the cave north of the palace and commanded the blood hunters who made her queen go fight in the war. They more than graciously enptied another body of blood on themselves and ran out the cave, jumping at the chance to fight in any war.

Many people questioned lucias armor but what they didn't know was that Lucia hid abdomen armor under her corset.

Now here she was riding horseback side by side with shao kahn, with more than 600 men and women behind her and the emperor. Some men had been sent out with the guns Kano had sold to Outworld to kill some of the archers ahead and they came back successful.

As Lucia and Shao Kahn rode Anar-key was trotting along side his 'mother' and seemingly preparing for battle himself. Commander Jiawoe-li had also followed behind them with her army.

Lucia turned to Shao Kahn "The odds are in our favor emperor, 2 to 1."

Shao kahn nodded "that is if they haven't brought raiden and the choosen one." Lucia shook her head.

"I doubt that, they'll keep the most important figures at bay untill the time is right." They both agreed but their expectations were a let down any good emperor or empress is supposed to lead their army to battle, not stay behind and hope for the best.

A little while later shao kahn had pulled his horses reigns making Lucia and the army yeild. Shao kahn seemed to sense that the enemy would be here.

"Alright men and women of outworld we haven't trained for hours everday so we could die here tonight-" shao kahn looked at lucia before speaking, lucia nodded and pulled her horse in front of the army.

"Aye, men and women of outworld, I can't promise that some of you make it out alive today, yes some of you may fall, and yes some of you will live, but guess what!" As her horse paced back and forth she raised her axe, the army looked nervous until she spoke again "but what I can promise you is that if you don't give it your all today, I can say this for sure, your families will burn! Your homes will be burned! Your men and women will be taken by force! And your friends will Die!" Lucia yelled. The army began gritting their teeth and pounding their swords and staffs against their shield shao kahn was amazed, never had his people be so eager to fight for him! for Outworld!

Lucia silenced herself and shao kahn spoke "We fight together, Sword to sword! Shield to shield! Staff to Staff." Soon they began shouting, even commander Jiawoe-li seemed to be struck with the feeling of confidence.

Shao kahn looked at lucia smirking under his mask "Never will we be the prey we are the predators!" Lucia smirked back and turned her horse so it was facing forhead, she braced herself on the horse, Anar-key put his shoulders back and leaned forward in a attacking position.

"Never will we be the hunted we are the hunters!" Shao kahn did the sane as lucia turning his horse forward, bracing himself.

"We will never be Konquered, WE WILL BE-" shao kahn stopped speaking letting the army speak for itself.

the warriors screamed "THE KONQUERERS!" Shao kahn and lucia began running, the army following behind. Suddenly in the distant horses of the enemies have also began to whine in the air.

It was like a flash, one minute you were riding to battle the next you were in it. Lucia fought side by side her steel axes swinging with deadly precision.

Shao kahn and Lucia fought like they were dancing, smooth fluid, steel thrusting into someone's abdomen. Shao kahn kneeled on the battle field thrusting lucia into the air. When lucia was ariel lucia swung her axe and twirled in the air as she landed breathless after she killed 5 men she turned her head and suddenly saw Anar-key.