Ch. 18 Poison Me, I Dare You

Sindel spit her wine out and began to laugh uncontrollably.

"So, eheh, so she inadvertently killed haha, killed her own lover?

the guard shook hsi head "No, she inadvertently killed her ex fiance."

sindel growled "same thing you idiot, now have you gotten me what i asked for?"

the guard nodded and from his waistband he pulled out a vile sealed with a wooden cork, with thick gooey black liquid inside of it "of course empress." the man had kneeled down and handed her the bottle, sindel had take it from his hand and stared at it in amazment "good atleast i know you imbeciles are good at something." sindel handed the vile back to the guards and the guard put it back into the satchel.

"You know what to do." Sindel smirked.

"Of course my empress."
___________________

Lucia tossed and turned in the unusually warm and soft bed and groggily she awoke and slowly sat up. shao kahn finally scoffed making his presence known "finally, get up?"

lucia turned to look at him and and groaned "your just peachy." lucia said slowly getting up, she turned when she saw the bathroom and clutched her stomach, if she didnt get their she would throw up all over this bed.

"god what happened to me?" Lucia grumbled clutching her head, her head was pounding begging for some relief.

shao kahn got up in case she was about to fall backwards but all the sudden the door opened and a man wearing the emperors physician garbs walked in holding a tea cup filled to the brim with a greyish liquid.

"Lady Lucia, Khan, Ive brought a remedy to help with the after effects of drinking." the man said and bowed.

"Thank you finally..." Lucia said grabbing the cup and barely glancing at it when she knew something was wrong, her senses were horrible at the moment, seeing as her stomach was churning. "thats a remedy?" Lucia said.

out of utter curiosity shao kahn leaned over and looked into the cup.

"what is that exactly?" shao kahn asked, noticing that something was clearly off.

the emperors physician struggled to find the words but spoke quickly "thats, a tea mixed with  rose essence, emperor?"

shao kahns incredible ability to know when someone is lying immediatll0ey kicked in.

"really? drink it. I want you to describe to me how it tastes." shao kahn asked and through lucias pain she looked up at shao kahn and sensed that he was uneasy.

the physician stilled unsure lof what to do next "I'm so sorry kahn but i must say that the only way the antidote works is if the taker is suffering from the after effect of alcohol."

"really?"

"Really. now please emperor we musnt stall, Lady Lucia take the-"

"Whats your name?" shao kahn ask his shoulder getting tense.

"I am uhm Ba-rik the general physician."

Shao kahn stepped forward in a threatening demeanor "I have met the general physician and you are not him."

The man, Ba-rik, if that's even his real name dropped the cup of tea and made a run for it.

But shao kahn had other ideas. He grabbed the mans arm and by his neck shao held him against the wall.

"Who's sent you!?" Lucia had long since sat down and took a breather someone just tried to kill her, again.

"That was night shade shao kahn." Lucia said finally getting some of her senses back.