Chapter 29

COL P.O.V

I watched as she got out of my car and bolted towards the school with a bag full of work to turn in. She pretended to be utterly oblivious to everything around her.

(Wolf. Me)

She is so pretty.

I know. But how can she help lead this pack when she doesn't even know what her parents are ?

Then we show her, please col I want my mate. Don't you?

Of course I do but she is human. A non-shifter.

That shouldn't matter. She is our mate and you should tell her, or I will.

Fine. But slowly.

Good

He gives me this smug wolffish grin. Don't get me wrong I love jax. I wouldn't replace him for the world but sometimes he can be a little hot headed and protective about what he deems as his.

I Hurd that col!

I intended you to.

I get out of my car with my bag. Locking my car behind me I begin to get walk forwards towards the stairs that lead into the schools. And just like my mate I ignore the stares. Walking through the double doors my friends grab me in a headlock. First Dillon but I manage to escape then Conner. His grip was tighter. Struggling to escape I barely manage to push his hold over my head to escape. At first his face flashed with anger before it melted into an amused expression.

At first I didn't understand it. I suppose I didn't need to understand it, the glint in his eyes told me it was something I wouldn't like which was good enough for me. Walking through the halls with my two best friends. One either side.

Conner asked, "what's the deal with you and that runt?"

I growled at him pushing him through the door behind him. The bathroom was mostly empty aside from a few wolves from my pack.

I ordered them, "get out of here and don't tell anyone about this."

I watched as they scrambled out of the bathroom. I nodded to Dillon and he locked the bathroom door and I turned my view of vision back to Conner. Holding him by his neck I pin him to the wall. The back of his head smushed against the mirrors.

I growled lowly at him before I began to yell at him, "don't you dare refer to my mate as a runt! You are beneath her! She out ranks you, as my mate."

Dillon was the first to speak after I told everyone she was my mate, "congrats man! Ash is a great person. She will make a great lunar. Honestly tho after everything she has been through she deserves to be happy bro."

Patting me on the back I feel my anger slowly slip away. It didn't completely slip away, it was changed to confusion and a feeling of being upset. Letting go of Conner I watch as he slides down the wall holding his throat Coughing slightly his head was bowed in submission. Making sure he wouldn't attack me before I turned to Dillon.

I said my voice now returning to a little softer than normal, "what do you mean dillon?"

Dillon replied, "her parents have never been interested in her life. She only had two friends. And they beat her. Everything she owns besides her car the one that was destroyed on school campus she has brought herself. She does peoples school work in exchange for money. She has been doing this for years. I think you're the first person she has actually let in in a long time?"

I stand there shaking. I was mad. Her parents are suppose to love her, to take care of her. So where were they? How dare they leave her alone. Looking back I remember her. I remember always seeing her alone. I could tell my face dropped, people say that eyes are the windows to the soul. And my windows hold nothing but crippling madness and utter sadness.

I ask, "is there anything you haven't told me?"

His eyes move from mine to a very scared Conner. Turning I see Conner pleading, asking him not to say anything. That's when I knew that there was some big chunks missing from this story, looking at Conner and I knew there was more to this story than what I was told. I give Conner a look that scrams 'you better tell me or else'; Conner opens his mouth. At first it was nothing auditable, or understandable. Until finally he pulled himself together. He told me about my sisters friends picked on her. Forced her to give them the work she usually charges mine for. Then there was things he admitted to. Forcing her only friends to turn on her. Stealing the money she earns. To Terrorising her. At this point Dillon and Conner were taking steps back trying to get out of my path. Thinking I would lash out. Kept deadly calm. My eyes hid a deadly deadly rage behind for-sod of calm and calculating indifference. My hands I forced to unclench . Just as I forced my self to seem relaxed.