Chapter 24

(Col POV)
Sitting here looking at her skin and the story's that are preserved with each scars. Words can't express how horrible I feel for this new story that will be added amongst the fading story's.
she didn't attempt to say anything I think, She thinks I have something to say I mean I do but I don't Want to force her into a conversation. Especially with how well it's a little last time

First she Kicks us out, then she decides to be away. I can't screw this up before everything happened, being with her was one of if not the only piece I really get or have gotten in a really long time.

I open my mouth to start talking and it beats me to it looking extremely tired she snaps eyes to mine and takes in my presence for a moment.

Ash starts ," why are you here?"

I look at her with wide eyes, I was slightly frozen in place. My wolf slightly whimpers. He doesn't like the bags under her eyes or the way she is talking to us, we are an alpha after all. But he doesn't blame her, he blames us. He growled in my head... Ok maybe not us, just me it seems. But I blame myself too. If I had just protected her, if I had put myself between her and them she wouldn't be here right now. I could have ordered them to stand down. Why couldn't I help her?

She speaks again, but much quieter than last time, " because you care about your reputation. You'd rather be in their good graces than protect someone who is disliked by everyone."

She caught me off guard. Did I say that part out loud? She's only human so it's not like she can read my mind. Or can she? My wolf howled with laughter at that notion.
I finally opened my mouth to speak. My voice came out small and soft just above a whisper, " I'm sorry."

I looked at her. She looked taken aback but she recovered quickly. I continued, " I'm sorry I didn't stop them. I'm sorry I was weak and too afraid to help you. I understand if you never set foot in the school again. But I promise you that if you choose to return unlike before I'll be right beside you. I promise. No one will bother you. But I totally understand if you want to continue with your home schooling idea."
She looked slightly confused. That's when I realise I said too much. Being the alphas son comes with a lot of perks. One is I can reach through the mind link, and look through the thoughts/ memories of the pack members. A mind link is essentially is like a hive mind well, sort of. Imagine being able to contact anyone and everyone with just a single thought. I pull myself out of my thoughts and try to think of a believable lie.
I open my mouth and reply, " your mum May or May not have said something to me about it. And I may or may not spend all my free time here"

I slightly blush at that last part. I can just see my wolf sitting wagging his tail back and forth hysterically.  Is it's my turn to internally laugh. This wolf may be twice the size of most of the wolves in the pack but he acts like a gigantic puppy in front of a Random girl. I can not help but wonder how he's going to act with his mate. I feel his eyes roll as he sits there wagging his tail, with a somewhat Cheshire Cat grin on his wolf face.
She replied slightly blushing, face palming, " did I say that out loud?"
I reply with a bit of a chuckle ," no, I could see the confusion on your face."
She looks sturdily at me , " so I'm just that easy to read then?"
I reply shaking my head Ferociously, " no! Anything but, your actually incredibly difficult to read. You just have the same look on your face I get everyday when I get to school."
She smirks ," why? Because the school is more of a zoo then a school"
If only she knew how right she was. The high school was filled to the brim with shifters. There were werewolves. Animal shifters and many different species of were cats at the school. The were cats while they were part of many of the surrounding packs including this one they had their own leaders and had many separate packs.
Ash and maybe a cluster of what? Ten other humans actually attended the school. But ashlyn was the only one that didn't know about the weres or the shifters. What I didn't understand is her parents are both werewolves. I mean their in my pack, so why hasn't she shifted too?
We sat her in a nice silence before she opened her mouth and asked, " Did you mean what you said?"
I smirk and reply," Which part?"
She says," All of it"
I nod before I could say anything a nurse from the ward comes in and tells me to leave visiting hours are over apparently. I take a seat out in the waiting area by a wall. Sitting down I lean my head on the wall and close my eyes.
The next thing I hear is a "ting ting". When I tell you I have never wanted to crush a phone more in my life you know I gotta mean it. I grab my phone from my pocket and look at the message
Looking at the sender it is a phone number I do not have currently saved. The message just reads are you close? 

I smile, knowing she doesn't want to reach out but she needs someone. Thinking back to that day in the parking lot, I was getting mad. the way she looked climbing into the car I had brought her, driving away. I typed a message back 

Me: I'm in the waiting room

Not two seconds later she replied and by phone chimed again.

ASH: wanna go somewhere 

My wolf was prancing around in my head. He looked so excited, he felt like he was so honoured that he was her trusted. I don't know why he is acting this way. I have to snort at my thought. He's acting like a bitch in heat. I cackle. 

My wolf tells me, "Guess who is A) Not shifting. and B)getting ignored for a week? That's right you smarty pants"

I  have to groan, but it was his turn to laugh.

Me: where?