Chapter 4

I couldn't help but smile as I pull out of the schools parking lot and onto the main road. It was less than a five minute drive from school to my house. My parents worked in the same office. So they took the same car to the office. I lifted up the sun visor and pressed the roller door button. The door sluggishly lifted and rolled up, when the door was all the way up I parked my car as far left as it could; without scratching my baby. I climbed over the consul and into the passenger seat.

Then I opened the door and climbed out, collecting my bag from the floor of the front seat. Then I closed the door behind me, I walked to the door that lead to the house. I took off my shoes at the door placing them on the shoe rack in an empty space. I then continue on the path in my socks. I walk through the the hall and into the living room, then rounded the corner and walked up the bannister. At the top of the stairs there is a table with a bowl. The bowl is surrounded by photos of my family and I.

I placed my keys in the bowl. Then I walked across the hall and into the first door across from the stairs. I twist the nob and open the door. I walk inside closing the door behind me. I put my bag on my hair and got changed onto something I could lounge in. I went down stairs and into the kitchen. I grabbed some food and went back to my room with a bowl of noodles. I sat the bowl in my hand, I moved my bag to my lap and sat the bowl on the table while I pulled out the work I didn't continue finish today. I moved the bowl to my lap while I worked. I ate my noodles as I worked, when my bowl was empty I placed it on the floor. It took me about two hours to complete, the essays and the last of the book work I had in my possession. It wasn't to seconds after I had everything backed up and was about to pick up the bowl on the floor.

I heard the deep tap, tap, tap on the door.

I said, "Come in"

My mom stepped through the door holding a plate of Chinese food. She walked towards me holding the plate out. She eyes dropped to my hand that was reaching for the bowl on the floor.

Mom asked, " Have you already eaten?"

I reply, " Yes, I had something small, but I'm still hungry"

mom said handing me the plate and grabbing the bowl from me, "Ok sweetie, just give me the bowl and bring down the plate after you've finished, ok?"

I replied, "Alright mom"

She walked out of the room carrying the bowl. I zip up my bag placing it back on the floor. I then inhale the fried rice, honey and sweet and sour pork. Moo-Shu has always been my favourite Chinese place. Soon my plate was empty, and my stomach was full. I get up from my chair, picking up the plate opening my door, walking down the stairs and walked around the corner to the right. I stride into the kitchen and place my plate; after giving it a quick rinse into the dishwasher.

Once it was done, I back stepped back to my room. When I was safely in my room and closed the room, I turned on the aircon. I then turned on the tv and signed into my Netflix account. I clicked on the Shadow Hunters series, I started watching the third series in the collection. I knew the series would be coming to a close soon. But its just too good to stop watching. Sometime after I started I fell asleep. I didn't even remember turning it off. Sure enough when I woke up the tv was off and I had to go to school. I didn't particularly feel like going to school, but I did. I followed my usual procedures when I was at school. I returned the work I had gotten the day before to their owners. I went to my locker and switched out my books and went to my first class English.

The day passed fast, with one blink of an eye I was sitting at my usual table in the lunch room. And for the first time in a long while I didn't have any work to be writing out at lunch, and I didn't have Conner or Macy or Patricia coming up to me shoving assignments. It was peaceful.