Chapter 3

Mr. Young was watching me intently, waiting for me to add information. I knew I couldn't tell him the truth. It would mean explosion. I internally sighed.

I continued, "I was in maths catching up on some of the class work I missed from the previous lesson when they all congregated around me. At first I was really confused and didn't know what was going on. But when Col asked if we could form a study group I was sceptical at first."

I took a moment to open my bag collecting the sheets of paper they had given me. showing Mr. Young the red ink marked pages ,"I don't have enough time to meet with them one on one so we do the online version. So when they need help we will all skype and share ideas and information. But when they have a hard copy of what they're working on they'll either come find me or they'll fold the page and slide it into my locker to correct and I'll do the same with the the corrected versions of the pages they offer me. Sometimes I'll strike an entire sentence or rewrite the sentence. but I sware to you, no one in the group is plagiarising."

He looks at me with wide eyes. Almost like he believes that I'm just trying to help some class mates. I know the majority of the students I help have underlining circumstances. Some of them are carers. Some work multiple jobs, others have too many responsibilities to worry about school. But I couldn't tell him that. I couldn't tell him that I was the one writing the essays for money.

He looked as if he knew that I was the one writing the essays, that he knew the reason why I was doing it and understood. He had tried many times unsuccessfully to get me a job or at least help. I also knew he wouldn't tell the principal and he wouldn't tell me to stop, because he knew I was doing it because the people I help have no other choice.

He replied, "Hopefully you will make some friends, through all of this"

I reply, "Yes, hopefully, if you don't mind I have to go and get ready for the next set of classes."

Mr. Young replied, "Of course, of course. I'm so sorry for keeping you waiting."

I walked off to my locker 571. I opened it and found multiple envelopes. I knew it was from the students that I have helped in study. There were more then a dozen envelopes. I opened the envelopes and moved the money into one envelope. There has to be at least a grand. I swap out my books, and change my note books. Soon after I headed to class. I walk down the halls absently, vaguely aware that I'm staring at people.  It wasn't until my eyes met Cols that I became trapped in the moment. He didn't attempt to advert his eyes. I smashed my head against the door of on open locker falling on my ass. I was not aware of anything around me. I tried to open my eyes, but failed and I was shoved into the deep end of complete darkness. I found the more I tried the farther down the rabbit hold I went.

Before I had much of a chance to comprehend what has happened I feel someone touch the side of my face as if stroking it, the tingles rippled outwards from the touch. The tingles were incredible, they weren't ticklish, tingles it just feels good. Next they grabbed my hand. I don't know how long I was knocked out. I slowly came around. First it was my fingers twitching then my feet moving. My eyes finally opened the light was over whelming at first. Then ever so slowly my eyes adjusted to the light. The hand that was on my cheek, caressing it, gently... carefully.

I turned to look at my side in the chair, I didn't believe what I saw. Col Harrson. he was sitting with me. I couldn't understand. Did he feel the tingles too? Or was it just me? I felt myself getting hotter and hotter. Until he removed his hand. I tried to sit up but felt my head pounding, my vision started to blur. i laid back down. And the blurred vision slowly stopped but the head bounding continued.

Col said panicky said, "Your ok, you just need to relax. You hit your head on a locker about an hour and a half ago. You are ok, you are still in the school, the nurses office in fact."

I replied shakily, "Why did you stay?"

He said, "Because you were  hurt and i don't know but you sme.... seen really familiar, i just can't place where I know you. "

I say, "Since we started in this school Conner has dropped your assignments and class books off to me. To write and fill. "

He looked shocked and said, "That's you? You have been doing my assessments for three, four years now?", I  reply with a nod and he continues, "What's in it for you?"

I say, "It doesn't matter, let it go?"

He says, "For now, why haven't I seen you before?"

I reply, "I don't like being in the spot light. Not for now for good"

He said, "fine, is there anything you need? "

I say, " No thank you, I should be getting home though. Thank you for asking, but I really need to get home before my parents"

He replies, " Are you talking about be.... Darcy and Mason Mathews?"

I nod once again successfully sitting up. Col grabs my hand and once again I feel the tingles, they almost make me gasp. I looked back to his face and saw he knew I felt something. I gave him a small smile. As I grabbed my bag from the ground and slowly walking out. He followed me to my car, which sat in an empty parking lot. I sling my bag into the floor of the front seat. he motions for me to wind down the window.

he said, "I don't want you to write anymore assignments or complete any book work for me. Not anymore."

I replied, "Too late you have four? Essays in your locker."