Chapter 20

Axel, Oliver and Col were all currently sleeping on the couch on the other side of my room. Col was sleeping in the armchair beside my hospital bed. It was roughly five minutes since I've been awake and I hate sitting in this bed. I silently, sat up and swung my legs over my the side of the bed. I made sure it was the same side as the heartbeat monitor and i quickly, got use to standing on my feet. I then pulled the cords from my chest and arms. I walked out of the room, and not two minutes later i could hear the the coding sound.

Three doctors ran to my room whey were surprised when I was no longer lying in the bed. I wanted to escape this hospital for a little bit. Quickly, ran to the stairwell and up to the roof. This hospital was one of the very few hospitals that have a garden roof. The roof top garden was beautiful the trees danced on top of the roof. The leaves on the flowers reached for the other leaves.
I must have been sitting up here for almost an hour. When I heard the metal door creaked open. And Col walked out and looked over the roof, I could see his face harden before his eyes finally landed on me.
I glared at him and realised people are waiting on me. I walked past him leaving the sanctury of this roof top garden. I trugged down the stars and back to my floor. I saw my parents frantically looking for me. They were worrying so much, i limped over to them and gave them a hug. I know it probably won't make them feel any better but at least they knew i am safe.
i walked back to my hospital bed with my parents following closely behind me. I could see Axel and Oliver sitting on the couch. Oliver was hugging Axel crying I didn't understand why. I just mean why are they here? They hate me don't they? I mean how could anyone beat the crap outta someone they like or at the very least you wanna be friends with. I slid back into the bed.
my mom said, "Honey, how are you feeling?"

I ignored her and asked, "why are they here mum, dad?"

My mother gave me the look, and replied, "Honey, Axel, his brother Oliver found you and they contacted Col who put them in touch with us. They rushed you to the hospital and we met you here. We have been so worried about you! What did you do?"

I sighed knowing this was going to be her reaction, "mom, can all of them leave please. I don't want them here. You may think they're the good guys, that their some group of hero's but they're not."

My mother gives me this look, like she doesn't understand but does as I say. She tells them to go home politely. Axel and Oliver give me this look of sorrow before leaving. Col however stood in the room looking at me much longer than the others.

He said, "i will make this up to you i sware."

He struggled to walk out of the room leaving us behind him, i feel as though he didn't like doing it very much. Once he had left the room my mother closed the door. She waited at the door for a little while before she came to the chair Col was sitting in, before he left. She sat there looking at my gashes and bruises as if she was entranced.

I start quietly, "mum, what happened?"

She shakes her head from side to side as if she was waking up from a dream. She didn't start immediately. She was slightly shaking, her eyes were glistening as if she was going to start crying. Before she could even begin a doctor i am going to assume is mine, walks through the door. The doctor walked towards my bed grabbing the chart from the end of my bed. He skimmed the first page and lifted the second reading the first and last sentence on the page. Reaching for his pen out of out of his breast pocket and turns to a clean page. He starts checking the instruments and my other vital stats. Once he finishes, he turns his attention to me. He looks me over and jots some notes down, he turns his wrist down and writes the date and time printed on his watch.

He says, "my name is Marcus and i have been your doctor for the last two days. You were brought in with server internal breeding, multiple lacerations to your skin and multiple bruises. I have to ask, did your parents do this?"

I shake my head before replying, "no, two of the people that just left and two others ambushed me in the parking lot at school. I had just managed to drive home and crawl inside before I passed out"

My mother looked upset. I could tell she already knew this, the look on her face gave it away. I just couldn't believe I had been here for two days. The doctor scribbled down a few words before putting my chart back in the front end of my bed. He walked closer to my bed looking at me.

He said, "if you have any questions ask one of the nurse's to page me or whenever you see me don't be afraid to ask. Ok? I have to get back to my rounds, but i will see you later"

My mother thanked the doctor and turned back to me. She saw two of the faces I wish I had never seen in my life, I knew she has questions but she will get over the fact I can't and won't answer most if them I hope she won't ask any. But I know she will.

She started, "what happened? Is it true what you said about Axel and Oliver?"

I started to tell her the story, "The day started great. I had even started hanging out with Axel and Oliver just that day. They were great I was having a lot of fun then suddenly things changed in the middle of lunch. I started to feel unwell and got let out of class early I walked into the parking lot and a bunch of people where there two of which were Oliver and Axel. The other two were conner, Macy and Lyn."