Chapter 9

What I did see that wasn't there before was a FJ Cruiser. It was silver and white, on the bonnet was a pink bow. It looked like there was something underneath the bow. I walked out to the car, I plucked the note out from underneath the bow and looked at the name on the envelope. In beautiful cursive script was my name.

I opened the envelope and unfolded the note.

*Dearest Ashlyn,

I know this will never make up for the disrespect

the girls have showed. I heard you always

wanted a car like this for quite sometime, but

you could never afford. I hope this makes up

for some of what you have endured.

I wish things could be different.

Truly Yours,

C*

I had a lone tear shooting down my face. I remove the bow from my new car. I open the door finding the car key in the ignition. I drove the car to my house. when i opened the glove box to find over one thousand dollars in the glove box. When I got home I parked my car in front of the house. I then grab my bag from the back, and then walk to the front door pulling out my keys from bag and sticking the house key in the door. Twisting the key in the keyhole before opening the door.

I walk straight up to my room knowing when my parents get home I will be getting into so much trouble. I started all the work my, I want to say class mates have given me. I was maybe half way through when my parents got home. I could feel, the anger from here. It radiated from their beings. That's when I decided I would deal with the consequences later.

I walked to my bed, with the keys in hand. I climbed across my bed and opened the window climbing out and onto the roof. I then close the window behind me, I then grab hold of the railing and shimmy down the support beam. I ran to my car, opening the passenger door climbing into the drivers seat. sticking the key in the ignition, and starting the car. I drive off away from the house in the opposite direction of the school. hoping to place as much distance between me and my house as possible.