Chapter 2

After the bell rang I put the essays and unfinished books into my bag. I then piled the essays on top of each other, and the books on top of the books. Then I put the essays on top of the books and put my bag on my back walking out of the class room. I found an empty table in the lunch room and placed my stack of finished, work on the table. I slid my bag off my shoulder's pulling out the unfinished essays and book work. With a pen in one hand and an apple in the other I began working.

I was half way through completing the last of the book work. When Macy, Conner and Patricia walked up to me with a stack of work in their hands placing it on top of the book I was currently working on.

Macy sniggers, "It's dew, Friday"

I sigh. I grab the thick stack of books, task sheets and half written assignments and slide them into my bag. Taking a bite of my apple I finish the book and put it on top of the stack. I walk to the hall of lockers. I folded the papers in half and slid it up through the vent. I looked across at the next three lockers 182,184,186 I looked at the papers in my hands and plucked the papers from the stack. I folded them in half and slid them one by one up through the vents and into the lockers. The next two people I saw I handed them a book each from my pile. The next locker was opened and it's owner is standing right beside the locker. It is none other than Patricia. she was standing with the door of her locker open. I hand her a book with her name on it and an essay, that goes with it.

I say, "Are you able to give Macy, her's too or no?"

She nods replying, " she would much rather see my gorgeous face than your disfigured one."

I pass her two books with Macys name written in impressive cursive script and three essays. One on the industrial revolution, one on black power and the other was a story for English. i learnt a long time ago not to listen to their petty bullshit. I walked passed her to the next set of lockers. 188, 200, 202, 204. 188 Didn't have anything. 200's owner was standing not too far away. I walked up to him and handed him his two books. He, in return slid me a 100 and I kept walking, sliding that crisp bill into my pocket. 202 had two essays, I folded the two pieces of paper together and slid them both into the vent.
I did the same with the rest of the lockers alternating in different patterns till the side of lockers was complete.

I then crossed the hall and began again. I looked at the numbers on the lockers 509, 507, 505, 503. I proceeded to skip these lockers and slip a sheet of paper folded in half and slid it into the locker. I continued until I was in front of locker 101. This locker belonged to the one and only honour roll student, and third year quarter back.

I slid the remaining four essays into the locker after folding up the sheets. I stood there for I'd say at least 10 minutes holding onto this paper wishing it was something else. Wishing I had the guts to move out of this little town. Moon Valley. I've wanted to move away from here since I was in the fourth grade and Conner had began bullying me.

"What do you think you are doing ash!", Mr. Young yelled

Most of the students in the corridors' turned around to face Mr. young and I. I let go of the papers and turn to face him as I hear the sound of the paper finally hitting the bottom of the metal locker.

I reply slightly shaking, "You see sir, I've been in love with Col, for as long as I can remember and I finally thought it was time I told him."

He says, "Why not just tell him in person?"

I reply, "I cant get him alone, he always has a herd of people around him. If his friends found out, let alone Macy found out.." , I started to whisper, "My life would be a living hell"

Mr. young replies, "I'm sorry for doubting you, we've just had multiple plagiarising cases from someone very smart and its very frustrating."

I say, "I understand sir, I've been tutoring a group of students since .... the start of the school year."

Mr. Young inquires narrowing his eyes, "I see, which students would this be?"

I reply, "Col, Conner, Macy and Patricia."