Chapter 22

My parents are waiting for my decision, but I don't know if I have the heart to tell them I want to move in with grandma. That I no longer want to be in moon valley. Being honest elemental cove has been calling me since we visited there when I was  6. Every vacation since I have asked to go, but I guess after a while we stopped going on vacations because that the only place I wanted to go.

My grand mother has been the only one to be on my side. To try to protect me, to love me. She helped me fit in, make some friends. Friends I haven't seen in ten years Elise and the twins Michael and Mathew. We were so close back then, I can only imagine what they must think about me now. 

I clear my throat trying to pushdown my fear it didn't work but I continued, " I want to finish this year at home. I don't want to finish my last two years in moon valley, I want to go live with grandma after I finish this year." 

They looked visibly upset and that is... I suppose it is understandable, I am their only child. They looked like they were struggling to except this but at the end of the day this is what will make me feel better, will add to my confidence. Staying here will only lead to me still have no friends. Still get abused and ignored my parents or anyone and everyone else.

I turned to my bedside table looking over all the items on the table. Finding my phone on the table I reach for it. before I could grab it my mother snatch it off the table. My face must have showed I was heavily annoyed. Mom, looks like she is fighting some order, or something. She holds out my phone, I quickly take it as if she is going to change her mind. 

Turning the phone so the screen faced me. The screen was fully smashed and partially missing I could not even turn my iPhone 6 plus on. I didn't have enough to replace it either. My face must have dropped and they looked so upset, because I worked my ass off to buy this when it was still new, what three years ago now?

The next thing I know there is a knock at the door, my Father walked to the door carefully opening it so I could not see it. He spoke quietly with whoever was at the door. The person gave him a small silver wrapped box, with a card or letter. The door closed and my father walks over to me. He hands me the letter and places the small wrapped box on my lap. 

They walk out, leaving me alone.

Dear Ash,

I know you probably hate me, truth be told I hate myself. I understand if you hold me accountable. Your parents mentioned you would be completing your year at home, I wish you would reconsider. I can't promise you will be happy, but I can promise you will have a chance to. I had the power so many times to put a stop to everything, giving you things like a car or a phone, they cant replace what you worked so hard for. 

I know  pretty words can never make up for what has happened, but i hope we can work through this. I hope I see you at school . I promise this will be the last letter from me.

your friend,

- Cole 

I almost immediately grab the sliver little box, taring into the rapper. The box was a Nike box a pair of Nike air force ones. Inside the box, there was another smaller box wrapped in a baby blue colour. 

i opened the wrapping and saw the iphone 8 plus. it was just sitting there, like it is not three times as expensive as my old phone.