Chapter 28

It had been almost a month since that night in the hospital. I had been released almost a week after that but I had still been suspended. Well I was suppose to be suspended for two months for starting that god aweful fight.
But thanks to col I had only a week of suspension but the guidance counsellor said it may be a bit much for me to return to school too quickly. But during my mental recuperation as well as my physical one I had received letters from each of the people who put me in the coma. Apologising. Some well three of the letters seemed forced. Like they didn't want to but knew they knew they had no choice.

But today was my first day back. I had caught up on all my classes. With the help of col. He had collected every piece of work I missed. And I finished it as soon as I could so I could return to my classes. The only thing that kept me remotely feeling safe, sane and partly protected was that deal with my parents. If that school makes one wrong move I was gone. Like poof.

I chuckled. Col was picking me up today. I quickly grabbed a pair of skinny ripped black jeans my tan boots and just a grey shirt. Grabbing my leather jacket I walk out the door with my heavy as fuck school bag.

This bag held the assignments I had yet to turn in yet. And the borrowed books I used to research every topic.

I heard a loud 'BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!'

That was col. My parnents walked me to the front door watching me walk to his car, get in and drive away. Ever since the hospital at least one of them is at home at any one time. And they've become the helicopter parents I was always glad I never had. They have been around a lot more. And I sware they can hear through walls. Where is sound proof when you need it?

Col snaps me out of my thoughts by saying, " what are you thinking doll?"

I laugh. He has been calling me doll or babe since we started hanging out it's like a cringey nickname a best friend gives you. You can't get rid of it or change it. Trust me I've tried.

I reply huffing, " well sugar my parents have no respect for my boundary's and I was thinking how hard could it be to sound proof my room."

He snickers, " what? Gonna Start having covert sleep overs are we babe. Am I at least invited ?"

I reply, "Its bad enough I have you calling me at all hours, i don't need you impeding my personal space too. its like since I have gotten out of the hospital at least one of them is home with me at all times. and the walls are so thin I don't have any personal space."

He look taken aback. Like he expected me to say something completely different. I can't help but wonder if he had said anything to my parents. We sat there in complete silence until we reached the school. I jumped out of the car, waved him goodbye and walked into the school towards the office.

Once at the office I handed my assessment to the lady sitting at the desk,  walking to my locker I can see everyone staring at me. Maybe it was because I wasn't wearing the baggy ass cloths I usually wore. I sigh. Knowing the most likely answer was because I got out of one of the alphas cars this morning. And everyone knows future alpha Col doesn't screw around. But Alpha Christopher is another story. He is known for being a serial player. His pack is called the silver moon pack. Walking past my locker after retrieving my books I made my way into the cafateria. Walking up to an empty table in the corner. Sitting with my back facing the wall I took out a reading book, cracking it open I begin to read about the mystery tales of Aleena the dreamer. Before I could get too far in my book I came face to face with two figures, without looking up I knew who they were.