Chapter 25

(Ash POV)
Sitting in my room after the resident kicked col out of my room I close my eyes but I don't fall asleep. I shift around my bed a little bit I still can't sleep, grabbing my phone I unlock it. I then go into contacts. Seeing I still haven't set them up I have three names sitting in my contacts right now. They read:
Col
Axel
Oliver
Closing the contacts and opening messages. Pressing the new message button I type in col's name. Tapping on the correct selection. I type a message and hit send. Waiting for a reply.
(Ash col)
Are you close?
I'm in the waiting room.
Want to go somewhere ?
Where ?
Anywhere I just need to get out of this room!
Meet me at the stairs two doors down from your room.

The messages stopped. It was a mix of  nothing more to say and not knowing what to say. My mother had left me a set of cloths to ware for tomorrow since I was getting discharged. I took off the hospital gown and pulled on a pair of black ripped jeans. She had also left a red half shirt that only covered maybe half my upper body. And a black leather jacket. My purple converses were next to my hospital slippers. I couldn't decide between my blue fuzzy slip on slippers and my incredibly annoying, circulation cutting, shoe lace thumbing converse shoes. 

I put on a pair of socks before slipping my slippers on. Walking around my room I realised these shoes would cause more attention. I took off the slippers and put on my converses. I walked to the door and quietly opened it. Walking two doors down as instructed I enter the stairwell. I waited there for col. Half an hour passed and I contemplated just walking back to my room when the door opened and I scrambled to hide behind the opening door. Luckily I managed to squeeze behind the door. When the door closed I saw someone staring at me. I was just about having a panic attack when I heard a familiar voice.

Col said, "Darling, are you going to hide sitting there all night or are you going to follow me?"

Getting up off the floor, dusting bits of debris off my pants I follow him to the top floor in the hospital. As we walked in silence I started to get tired. Col must have noticed because his pace slowed. Which I am thankful for, he grabbed my hand as we climbed the flights of stairs.

I was motivated to not show I was out of breathe as we reached the top of the stairs, but I  was starting to loose my energy. He opened the door holding it open as I walked through. I spun on my heel to face him as he walks through the door letting the door close behind him.

I jumped a little as the door slightly slammed shut. I watch him closely knowing full well he could kill me, right here and now.  I think back to how my parents trusted him enough to leave the two of us alone in the hospital room. To have him so close. Once I thought him  not a ... I don't know . . . threat, I turned away from the door and looked at the roof top. The roof is so lush and green, the centre of the roof had a massive frangipani tree in the middle. 

There was also four lunge chairs and a few arm chairs, around the tree in all directions. Behind the arm chairs and the lounge chairs their were flowering hedges, they seemed to look like hibiscus hedges. Beyond the hedges and chair were picnic tables spread out  around the roof. The tables have an amazing assortment of flowers. From roses to hydrangeas to a beautiful selection of  tropical flowers. The roof its self was already a breath taking view, now it was just plain stunning. 

I walked over towards the first picnic table and let my fingers run through the vines, of the plants on the table. As I walk the vine slips through my fingers.