chapter 1

This week has been the same as the rest, no it's definitely been worse. I go to bed late, after finishing the homework for the 'popular' kids. I slide the papers, books and essays into my bag, knowing if I don't have it tomorrow is going to be crap. leaving the bag to sit on my chair. I wake up, I felt groggy like I hadn't slept at all. I lay in bed for an extra 10 to 15 minutes. when I finally decide to climb out of bed and make my bed; I stretch up arching my back and point my toes out. I choose my cloths; just my usual jeans and a hoodie. Once I had them in my hand I grab my toiletry bag from the tall bookshelf near my door closing it behind me. I walk down the corridor and into the last room on the right. I didn't bother knocking, my mum and dad have their own on sweet in their room, their so lucky. Although there never home to use it. I have a quick shower and get dressed. Looking in the mirror, I see the tangles mop of a mess that is my hair.

Tugging open the the top draw of my vanity and retrieving my hair brush from inside. I brush out the unruly mattered mess, I bend over and brush my hair up into a pony tail. I put the hairbrush back in the draw. I pick up my dirty cloths and my toiletry bag and return to my room. I place my pjs on my bed and put the bag back on the shelf grabbing my sneakers and my back pack. I walk down the stairs and around the corner into the kitchen. I steal a piece of toast from the plate of food my mum has left out for me.

I run back out the door, and through the front door. Reaching into the bottom of my bag and pulling out the car keys to my baby. I press the unlock button hearing 'beep beep' of my baby unlocking. I open the door slinging my bag into the front seat. I quite literally climb into my my car and put my seatbelt on. I make my way to school as per usual, I park my car away from the other cars. I get out of my car grabbing my bag, I walked through the halls sticking papers and essays in lockers, and handing books to students. walking to my locker and found I had multiple envelopes in my locker, I moved them to my bag. Ever so quickly switched out my text books and class notebooks.

I walked to class, When I walked into the science lab, the long halved benches were empty. the gas taps were were shiny, the chairs were out of sight and the lab was completely quiet. I set up my desk with my books and pens. I then opened the envelopes and found fifty dollars in each of them and there were five envelopes. I have a small smile $250 sitting in my hand. That's pretty good for a few hours last night I think to myself.
My smile didn't last long. Conner Whiles. What a grade A asshole.

Conner proclaimed loudly, "Well, well, well...what do we have here?"

I kept quiet trying to shove the envelopes so far down in my bag, hoping that he would not see them.

Conner said, "Hiding it wont make me forget that i saw it now, cough it up!"

I slowly, reach into my bag and pull out four of the five envelopes and hand them to him. hoping he wont realise there is one missing.

He continued, "This better be all of it, the homework better be in my locker you worthless bitch"

I reply weakly, "Iiit is"

He walks out with the envelopes in hand as I just sit there waiting for the bell to ring. Its just so unfair, everyone gets money from their jobs and or parents. I've tried to get a job in town but I always get turned away. My parents are barely home, despite that they are barely making enough money to pay for our house and cars and just everything. The bell rings and you just see everyone rush to their seats. You just see most of the students in designer line clothing. Then there is me, a hoodie and a pair of jeans.

Mrs. Stapleton was a hospitality teacher, but she was teaching our science class today; well all year actually. Our topic at the moment was rocks. Like igneous, metamorphic and sedimentary rocks. This lesson we were practicing our essays for the essay test. The next class wasn't really a class but a study period. It's where I got most of my customers. They would give me their class books and I would use their notes to write their assignments. By the end of the lesson I had written three essays and started a new assignment.