Chapter 14

I stood up in the water and started walking backward. Trying to get a vantage point to find him. But standing up I couldn't even see him. I stood there puzzled, He wasn't in front of me. I spent the next few minutes thinking of where he disappeared to. Only to come up not knowing.

I slowly picked up one of my feet and lifted it above the rim of the fountain and placed it into the water. As I lifted my other foot up and put them together and turn around. I was pulled back my waist and back into some of the deeper water. I just about swallowed half the lake. Once I coughed up most of it, I turned to see who had pulled me into the water.

Knowing all along it was Col. Col smiled at me, that mischievous little one that he only gave out when he was up to something. Something that will get him in trouble, serious trouble. That somehow, miraculously he walked away with barely a slap on the wrist. The air crackled with this unknown emotion. This unknown feeling. It was unlike anything I have experienced.

Unlike anything I have ever encountered. By the look on his face, says he is locked into passion. His eyes are all smouldery and heated. I let myself get entranced in his eyes. We were getting closer and closer. His lip were getting closer and closer, I found myself staring at them.

I snapped myself out of my lust filled haze. We couldn't do this. He was the most popular guy in the school. He had a line of girls, just waiting for him to choose him. Unfortunately, I know that I will never be good enough for him and that sucks. I put some distance between the two of us. Each time I put space between the two of us, he brings us closer together.

I said, "You need to leave me alone"

Col replied, "Why? Just let me touch you"

I said quietly, "I don't need a bunch of girls I don't know hating me"

He doesn't answer me, by the look on his face he knows I am right. He knows that I know what it is like to have everyone hating you. To have everyone so against you they pretend that you aren't even there.

I reply, "I have to get back home, my parents are waiting. "

We walked back in silence. He was visibly shaking but, I on the other hand was toasty warm. I could feel his stare on my untrembling body. I can feel whatever has awoken in my body. Its like an unstoppable, force in my body.

Col said, "you must be cold."

He slung his arm around my shoulders. He looks puzzled, that's probably because I'm so warm while he is cold.

He said retracting his arm, "or not"

I shrugged. Walking back to the car and driving Col back to his home and back out the security gate. The ride back was quiet enough. I made a pit stop at Coles and picked up some snacks. I know that if I have to be in a house filled with only healthy foods. The sooner I go back to my dull life at school the better.

After my little pit stop I made my way home. I know my parents are going to be so mad, mad that I left the house, mad that I left the house and mad that they can no longer dictate my life.... well for the most part.

Pulling up to my house, turning off my headlights and reversing into the driveway. I opened up the roller doors, I reversed into the small garage. Looking at the reversing camera, I keep driving deeper and deeper into the ever shortening space of the back of the garage. The reversing camera's sensor was going off and when the beeping was becoming more frequent I turned the engine off.

I sat still in my car for a moment. I sighed. I rolled my eyes and opened my car door. I hopped out and close the door behind me. Walking through the door that lead from the garage to the hallway that connected this room and the main room. I walked straight upstairs, I placed my house keys in the bowl on the table. I carried my house keys through with me as I walked across the hallway and slipped into my room.

I turned around to face my bed seeing my mum sitting there. She was looking at me like she had so much to say. She looked like she had so much she wasn't telling me, I couldn't understand why.

My mom said, "Darling, take a seat. We need to talk."

Pulling out my roller chair at my desk and took a seat.

I reply, " So talk"