Playful forgiveness (chapter-24)

Mayesha's pov

Looking at his eyes, finally I can feel myself alive. He is talking with Ammi,Hamza,Rafael bhai and Nishat is standing beside Ammi.

I am standing at a distance not knowing how to go near him.

"Ammi, I am fine.You go home and take rest. It's not good for you to stay." Saif requested Ammi to go back home.

"No. I am not leaving you in this situation. How could you be so careless?" Ammi said.

"Ammi we are here,you can go back. Come back tomorrow." Hamza bhai also requested Ammi.

"Ammi,please think about your health." Rafael bhai said.

"Ammi tension not, Mayesha is also here to take care of Saif" Nishat said.

Ammi look at me and asked,
"Why are you standing there?"
Ammi asked me looking confused.

"Ammi..." Before I could say anything Ammi stand up from the sit beside Saif's bed,where she was sitting till now.

"Hamza and Rafael you too stay here for today and I think me and Nishat we should go back home. We will come tomorrow. I have my trust on Mayesha that she gonna take care of my son properly."

I don't know what to say or what to do. It's not like that I don't want to stay here, it's just my guilt that keeps me from going near to him.
___________________

Looking at him careful I just want to cry my heart out.
Bandaged left arm, bruised cheeks, bandaged forehead...all this is making me more guilty,that unknowingly I started to cry silently.

"Don't. Don't cry, when you can't feel my pain." Saif said without even looking at me.

How I become so selfish and heartless to hurt you this much? But I can also feel your pain.

"Saif..I." a knock on the door interrupt me from saying anything.

"Come in." Saif said looking somewhere else still not at me.

A nurse come and give him his injection and medicine.
"Saif..."

"Help me..I want to lie down." Saif said stopping me from saying anything.

"Ok."

Going close toward him I hold him softly not trying to hurt him as he is having bruises in many places in his body.
His manly scent not to forget the closeness always make me nervous and also make my heart go crazy. Today it's not different, again my heart is playing drum sticks against my chest.
Holding him to help in lying down I feel his right hand at my lower back, sending a cold shiver through my whole body,his hand started to travel sensually up and stop at my nape. He is giving me butterflies now.

Placing the pillow comfortably under his head ,I tried to move away as I think because of our position maybe his face is so close to my bosom but before I could move away I found myself face to face with him.

He bought his face close to my face and softly asked looking into my eyes"Did  you feel any pain seeing me in this condition?"

"I...."

"The position is not comfortable. Move the pillow a little." He ordered me, totally ignoring the previous question.

"Okay... Is it comfortable now?" I asked awkwardly only to receive silence from him.

"I..." I couldn't hold myself anymore and started to cry hiding my face on the palms of my hands.

"I am sorry...I am sorry for everything. I never knew that my curiosity will make me face a day like today. Forgive me.. please. I feel  ashamed to even face you."