20. Attacked

MANIK POV

MANIK POV

"Are you Manik?" one of the guys asked.

I looked at them, confused, and nodded.

"Can you tell me who you are?" I asked, a little concerned.

I didn't get scared often, but with everything that was going on, I was genuinely worried. Harshad wasn't a good guy at all, and I didn't understand what Nandini saw in him.

I know she knows I like her, but she chose him after all, maybe because we have a different religion or maybe just because she liked him more and I was just too late.

I awoke to a feminine voice trying to make me open my eyes.

"Do you require an ambulance? Beta beta - hey hey, are you all right?" she asked.

She wasn't too old, probably around 30 years old, and she was sitting on the ground next to me. I looked around, but no one else was in the park with us; it was probably still early.

I attempted to stand up, but my head hurt and a searing pain near my chest area became more intense with each passing minute.

"Oh my head, "I groaned as I pressed my head with my hand.

"What, what happened?"I asked, That question was more directed at my brain trying to remember what the hell happened, but the women answered instead.

"I'm not sure. I was walking by and noticed you lying on the ground; do you need an ambulance? She said

"Umm.. n-no, I'm fi-ahhh!" I attempted to stand, but it was impossible.

"I'm calling an ambulance," she said as she took out her phone and dialed the emergency number. I tried to get up but couldn't.

The last thing I remember was the big guy asking me if I was Manik. But why the heck would they OMG-that's when I realized what was going on. Harshad, the text, Nandini, expect the unexpected... It was all starting to make sense.

I screamed, "That douchebag!" I was angry, and all I could think about was taking my revenge. That scumbag's son

"Hey, are you okay? Where does it hurt? "a man asked, pulling me out of my thoughts.

I gave him a confused look.

"I'm a doctor. What happened? " He asked, smiling.

I didn't even notice when the ambulance came and pulled over.

"I got attacked, ahh... I think," I said, wincing from the pain in my ribs.

"My head and chest hurt," I replied, rubbing the area of my chest that was in immense pain.

"All right, let me have a look," the doctor said as he pulled my shirt up and pressed his hand against my chest. Man, did that hurt.

"Miss, was he unconscious when you found him?" The doctor looked at the woman and waited for her to respond.