13. Manik out

NANDINI'S POV

NANDINI'S POV

We returned to the starting point and found Aryamaan and Navya waiting for us.

"Hey, what happened to you guys? Why are you looking like zombies?" Aryamaan laughed at us.

"We fell," I explained, and Manik burst out laughing at my remark.

I slapped him on the back of his head.

"Yeah, we fell in love," he continued to laugh.

"WHAT?" both Aryamaan and Navya exclaimed.

"I'm going to kill you, Manik," I shouted while hitting his arm.

"Sorry, just kidding, we fell on the ground," he said, rubbing his hands together.

"Anyway, we found the chest," Aryamaan stated, showing us the wooden chest.

"So let's go back," I suggested.

MANIK POV

We made our way back to the hotel, and we were the last group.

"What happened to you?" Alya asked, shocked, seeing my head to toe.

"I wanted a mud mask. What do you think happened?" I said frustratedly because of her dumb question.

I heard Nandini laughing while talking to Aryaman and Navya.

"She fell with you," Alya added, indicating Nandini.

I glanced at Nandini, and she stopped laughing when she noticed both of us staring at her.

Alya irritatingly tossed her feet and went back to the hotel.

I followed her, waving goodbye to them.

*Next Morning*

I awoke early and noticed my roommate was asleep, so I decided to take a tour around the hotel.

I was walking around when I noticed Nandini standing there, resting on the railing. I approached her and tapped her on the shoulder. She jerked

"Ohh, Good Morning," she said, appearing to be in a good mood.

"Good morning. Why did you get up so early?" I asked.

"I have a habit of waking up early... Navya was sleeping, so I thought I'd explore the hotel," Nandini said, turning back to the view.

"Ohh, so what did you guys do yesterday?" I asked, also seeing the view.

"There was nothing special, Aryamaan stopped over and we talked," she said.

"Was my invitation lost in the mail?" I asked in a slightly rude tone.

"You're always welcome as long as you leave your arrogance in your room," she replied calmly without any hit.

"Okay, sorry, "I said.

"Our room number is 99," she told

"So, what did you do yesterday?" she asked.

"Alya came by, and we..."

"OK, I don't want to know," she murmured, placing her hands on her ears to close them.

"Hahaha, you sure?"I chuckled.

"Yeah, let's head downstairs," she responded, making her way down the stairs.

• • • • •

The day was over. Today we explore the city and hang out with my friends and Alya the whole day. I didn't see Nandini and her friends the entire day, so I decided to give them a visit. I left the room and stepped into the elevator. The lift door opened. I stepped out and looked for room number 99. I arrived at number 99 and opened the door.

"Heeeyyyy," I said as I swung the door open.

Nandini yelled, "Manik noooo!"

"Nandini?!" I asked, puzzled. I didn't understand why she was yelling.

"Manik out," Navya shouted as well.

It took a few minutes for me to notice that Nandini was standing in front of me without a scarf.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," I murmured and quickly shut the door.

I'm such an idiot for first opening the door without knocking and then failing to notice that she had removed her scarf. I'm the one that believes she took a shower while wearing her scarf.

A few minutes later, the door opened and Nandini came out.

"You're an idiot," Nandini exclaimed as she punched my arm.

"I'm sorry," I apologized.

"What if I was naked?" she asked, putting her arms on her hips.

"You don't see me complaining," I remarked, winking at her.

"You're just uugghhhh," she exclaimed, tapping her foot in frustration.

I explained, "Hey, I was just joking, and I'm very sorry for not knocking."

"It's fine. Sometimes use that pretty little mind, "she said, pointing at my head.

"Here we go again with you calling me 'pretty." I grinned, and she punched me again.

"But you're even more beautiful without your scarf on," I said

"So I'm beautiful," she smirked.

I said, "If you tell anyone that I said that, I'll have to kill you,"

"Of course," she whispered back.

"I'm heading downstairs; would you like to come with me?" I asked, wiggled my eyebrows.

"Okay, then we'll come to your room. That is more secure, "she commented as she returned to her room.

NANDINI POV

"Navya, he saw me without a scarf," I exclaimed as soon as I walked into the room.

"Didn't he say anything? Navya asked.

"He just apologized. But still... I stated

I didn't want to make a big deal about it, but it's weird when someone who only sees you with a scarf suddenly sees you without one.

MANIK POV

*The next morning*

The next activity was tougher than the first one. We needed to find a camp that was hidden in the forest. We only received a map and we were allowed to keep our phones for emergencies this time.

The groups were the same as at the activity the other day, so I joined the group with Nandini, Navya, Aryamaan, and Alya.

After an hour, we were all exhausted, still not able to find the camp. At that moment, I was walking alone, Aryamaan was walking next to Alya, Nandini, and Navya, who was walking in front of us.

My father called me out of the blue. At first, I wanted to ignore the call, but then I remembered Nandini's promise. I answered my phone and sat down on a trunk of a dead tree.

"Hello?

"Hello, son," he said.

"I'm ready to hear what you have to say," I said.

He thanked me and began his story.

I couldn't believe what I had heard. I sobbed as tears streamed down my cheeks.