10. Dad

MANIK POV

MANIK POV

I was awakened by the sound of an alarm clock. I went into the shower after finishing my morning routine. I was in a good mood, so I get dressed and walked down the stairs, only to be met with the biggest shock of my life, and the word slipped from my mouth, "Dad."

My father was seated on the couch, crying, and my mother was sitting in front of him.

I just ran over to him and hugged him tightly. He also gives me a hug. I was crying uncontrollably, and he was crying as well.

I hug him for a while, but suddenly I'm separated from him.

"Dad, if you survived that accident, where have you been all year?" I asked, still crying.

He was silent. He didn't answer.

"Do you know about this, Mom?" I asked.

"Manik, I'd like to share something with you," Dad murmured, his eyes filled with guilt as he looked at me.

"Yes, dad, tell me," I responded, tears still in my eyes.

"That accident was a fake," he murmured, looking down.

What did he just say that was fake?

"What are you saying?" I asked, bewildered.

Flashback

"It was around four years ago." In a club, I meet a woman. She was beautiful and lovely. We talked for quite a while. After that, we had a lot of encounters and spent a lot of time. I fell in love with her.

I didn't have the courage to admit it in front of your mother. I began to ignore your mother, but I was guilty about cheating on her. We created a plan one day to show the world that I was no longer alive. So we faked an accident and we both moved to New York, only to discover later that she was not in love with me. She was just with me for the sake of money and property.

She used to drug me all day and, one by one, had me sign all of the papers indicating that I gave all of my property to her. It was too late when I realized it. I lost all of my money and property, and due to a high quantity of drugs, I....."

"Shut uppp," Manik yelled at the top of his lungs, interrupting his father.

"Son", his dad was shocked by his voice.

"I am not your child!! How dare you leave us for some slutty women? Do you have any idea what we went through? "Holding his father's collar, Manik said. Anger had turned his eyes bloodshot red.

"Manik, listen to me," his father tries to convince him.

"I don't want to hear anything. Just go away and don't come back you bastard," he said, releasing his collar and turning away from him.