Nineteen

Elliot ran his fingers through his hair as he sat in an interrogation room. He was tired, and was really wishing he was at the hospital with his fiancee, son, and unborn baby. But instead he was here and the last month of his life was being sifted through in hopes of finding something bad. 

"Here's some coffee." A man spoke as he carried a mug into the room.

"I'm fine." Elliot sighed, even though the coffee smelt amazing, and he was exhausted.

"Kid, one of Olivia's nurses said you are there every night. You stay up all night, go home and sleep, then come back and do it again. You could use some coffee." He frowned.

"What's your name?" Elliot asked as he hesitantly took the mug.

"John."

"John, do you think I raped my fiancee?" Elliot asked, and the older man shrugged as he sat down.

"I don't know. You told me you had sex with her the night before the accident, but that seems like a convenient excuse. A way to make it seem like you didn't actually hurt her while she couldn't consent."

"We have a little boy, and we don't have a lot of time to have sex. When we do, it's quick and right before passing out at night. So yeah, when I say it happened the night before, I meant it. We had finished work for the week, Miles was finally sleeping, and Olivia and I needed to decompress. We made love, and she consented... I have loved her for more years than I can count, and I'd never hurt her. I did in the past, but I have grown up and she has forgiven me."

"What did you do in the past?" John asked.

"I cheated on her and didn't commit when I should."

"So she broke up with you? How long ago was this?"

"In high school. We dated on and off for our senior year, and I wasn't a good boyfriend. But I am a good fiance now."

"We retrieved videos from Olivia's hospital room." Another man spoke as he came into the room with a DVD.

"Let's watch it together." John smiled as he leaned back in his chair.

The other man put the DVD into the TV before hitting play. They watched the video for nearly an hour, before they realized that they had nothing. The night that the baby could have been conceived, Elliot just sat by Olivia's bedside and held her hand. She was so damaged then, and Elliot could barely touch her hand without worrying that he had caused her more pain.

"I told you." Elliot sighed.

"Mr. Stabler, we are sorry about the inconvenience. You are free to go."

"I'm not going back unless you two come with me and tell my future in-laws that I didn't hurt their daughter. Because they won't believe me, but they will have to believe you. They will have to believe this video."

///

Elliot slowly walked into Olivia's room, and he didn't really know what to expect. All he could think about was if Olivia hated him as much as her parents did. If she believed he had hurt her, just like they did. 

"Baby?" Elliot asked softly, and Olivia lifted her eyes from her hands before turning to look at Elliot.

"Hi." She breathed hoarsely.

"How are you doing?"

"I really don't know... where did you go?" Olivia whispered, as tears welled in her eyes. 

"I was with the police."

"Why?"

"Because your parents thought I hurt you while you were sleeping."

"You'd never do that... right?"

"No, Liv. I'd never hurt you. I love you so much, and I plan on never hurting you again... did they tell you what was happening?"

"I'm not getting told anything. A nurse told me to rest, but then I got caught up looking at those pictures and then my ring... it's stunning, El."

"Miles helped me pick it out. He wanted his Mama to have the most beautiful ring. But uh-"

"Get out." Serena yelled as she came running into the room.

"Mom-" Olivia started, but Serena cut her off.

"GET OUT! WE DON'T WANT YOU HERE! GET!" 

"Serena, I'm innocent! You saw the video! I haven't hurt Olivia, and I don't plan on it!" Elliot cried.

"You forced yourself on my daughter, when you knew she was saving herself for marriage! You ruined her, and it's all your fault! Get the hell out of here and never come back!" Serena screamed before she shoved Elliot with all her might. Elliot tripped and fell to the floor before protecting his face when Serena started to beat the shit out of him.

"Stop!" Olivia cried out weakly.

"Mom!" Matty exclaimed, as he came into the room and shoved his mother off of Elliot.

"He hurt my baby! He needs to die!" Serena screamed as more people came into the room. Doug and Matty held Serena back as Joseph helped his son to his feet.

"Are you okay?" Joseph asked, and Elliot swallowed hard as he turned to look at Olivia.

"She did that because she's angry... angry that you are pregnant. It's still early, but we are going to be parents again and your mother hates me for that." Elliot breathed, as he quickly put his hand to his bloody nose.

"I'm pregnant?" Olivia whispered.

"You won't be for long. You are getting rid of that baby, and breaking up with Elliot. End of discussion." Serena spat.

///

A lot of other things were said before the room was cleared. Elliot was taken to a side room where his nose was cleaned up and his other injuries were evaluated real quick. Serena, Doug, and Matty were escorted from the hospital, so Joseph was the only one there for Olivia at the moment.

"Kid-"

"I'm having a baby... I can't believe that." Olivia whispered, as she looked at her soon to be father-in-law.

"You don't have to get rid of the baby unless you and Elliot want to. I get that right now everything is messy, but it will get better."

"We aren't getting rid of our baby. This baby will be loved by us and protect by its very amazing big brother... but at this moment I don't want my mom around me. I don't want her back in this hospital or anywhere near me and my family. I don't want her to hurt my baby."