Twenty-Nine

Olivia blocked her family out for two months. She was just ten weeks shy of having Jade, and everyone hoped that Olivia's family wouldn't show up to fuck things up.

"Where's Olivia?" Elliot asked when he got home from work. Miles was there to greet his father, but Olivia wasn't down there.

"She's upstairs taking a nap. She had yet another rough day, so I took over with Miles and sent her to sleep." Bernie frowned.

"What happened today?" Elliot asked nervously, as he sat his bag down on the bench. He had a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach all day, and now he knew why.

"I don't know. She wouldn't tell me. Now, go take care of her and I am going to make dinner with my little sous chef." Bernie smiled softly as she reached out and grabbed Miles' hand.

///

Elliot went upstairs and found his wife on their bed. She had her arms wrapped around her body pillow, and she was snoring softly as she slept. Elliot looked his wife over and tried to determine if he could see something wrong with her physically. He was wondering if today was just a bad day. Maybe Jade had been trouble, or Miles was a brat.

"Stop staring at me... I am sweating and disgusting right now." Olivia grumbled. Elliot's eyes quickly moved to his wife's face and smiled softly.

"You are just as beautiful as every other day."

"Liar." Olivia sighed, before trying to get up. Elliot moved over and quickly helped his wife get out of bed before following her into the bathroom.

"So what happened today?" Elliot asked as Olivia turned on the shower. She turned to look at him and shrugged.

"It doesn't matter."

"It does matter, Liv. Whatever caused your day to be rough is important to me. So please just tell me." Elliot spoke gently.

"I got a call from my mother today. She asked for us to meet up, and I haven't responded yet. I don't know if I want to say yes or not, especially because I'm sure the stress would cause me to go into early labor or something. I don't need that, especially since Jade needs to stay put until July." Olivia replied.

Elliot let his wife shower, and once she was sitting on the bed and was brushing out her hair, he decided to talk again.

"Did she say what she wanted to talk about?" Elliot mused, as he took the brush from his wife and took over for her.

"El." Olivia groaned.

"I don't want to drop this, my love. I just want to know what she might have to say. Like if it's an apology, that would be wicked."

"Sure, it would be nice for her to apologize... but the damage is done. I no longer want her around. Like, I don't even want her there when I'm in labor. I want your mother and you... But what if she doesn't apologize and just piles on some more? What if she decides you are also a serial killer or a hitman?"

Elliot sighed softly, as he sank down beside his wife.

"I'm not going to fight you, baby. If you want to say no, then I will back you up. But until then, I think that we should do something fun."

"Like what? Because I don't feel like having sex right now. Especially since I just took a shower." Olivia sighed.

Elliot laughed before leaning in and kissing his wife's cheek softly.

"I was thinking more like a game tonight with our kid and my parents."

///

Even if Olivia pretended like she didn't care about her mother's call, she really did. So she called her mother back the next day and then brought Miles with her to the meeting. Serena was surprised when Olivia showed up at the restaurant with Miles, but was a little excited to see her grandson, too.

"I'm glad that you two came. Miles, you have gotten so big." Serena spoke awkwardly as she stood up and greeted them.

"Thanks." Miles replied nervously. Olivia and Elliot had tried to keep the drama away from Miles, but he had been there when Elliot was arrested, so it was hard.

"Can we sit?" Olivia asked, and Serena nodded.

"Of course." Serena spoke.

They all sat down together and ordered some lunch. They didn't even start to talk until their meals had arrived and Miles was focused on his mother's phone.

"I'd like to apologize." Serena breathed.

"Huh?" Olivia asked with wide eyes.

"I'd like to apologize for the way I have behaved and what I have said... I have been struggling with some things of my own and projecting them onto you and Elliot."

"Mom-"

"Liv, I go to therapy twice a week and have been able to unpack a lot of stuff that I have had bottled up since I was pregnant with you."

Olivia swallowed hard before nodding weakly.

"What exactly?"

"Daniel... he used me when we were in college. He may have forced me to have sex a few times, along with touching me without my permission. I just assumed that Elliot had treated you the same way that I had been treated. That is why I was so sure that Elliot had raped you. That he touched you when you couldn't say no." Serena frowned.

Olivia was shocked, but wasn't surprised. Olivia didn't talk to her biological father anymore, but she did remember that he always acted better than everyone. He always got his way, so if Serena said no to him he would sure fight Serena on it.

"Did he... Mama." Olivia whispered, and Serena shrugged.

"I don't know, honey. We met at a frat party and then slept together a few times afterwards. I just always assumed that it was one of those nights where we had unprotected sex."

"We need to talk about this more, but not here. Not in front of my son. So let's finish eating and then go to the park. Miles can play and we can break this down."

///

Elliot laid in bed beside his wife that night, and he noticed that she wasn't asleep. She was wide awake and zoned out on their bedroom door.

"Babe, are you okay?" Elliot asked, and Olivia shook her head.

"No, I'm not."

"Did your-"

"She didn't call again. I went and saw her though... she apologized but so much more was said. Stuff that I wasn't prepared to hear."

Rejection [A Bensler Fan Fic]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें