Twenty-Six

"Then completely block them out." Elliot spoke as he sank down beside Olivia.

"I want nothing to do with them, El. Nothing at all. I hate them so much, and I can't believe that Matty thought it was a good idea to bring him over here. He knew I had some memory issues, and I bet Doug wanted to use that to his advantage. That he wanted me to forget what he did and said, so that we could go back to before..." Olivia huffed.

"We can't live a life from before the accident. Things are different now. You are different now because not only did your brain get jostled in your head, you are also not letting your parents push you and force you into things you don't want to do. We are going to have two kids before we know it, and we can't let them fuck with things anymore."

"Then let's get married." Olivia blurted out.

"Huh?" Elliot replied.

"Let's get married! I don't want my last name to be Benson anymore, because my family are assholes. So we should get married sooner than we had planned. I can pull myself away from my family completely. I only want your family anyway... your siblings and parents love me."

"We should probably talk to my parents about this... but sure. I'm more than willing to marry you now." Elliot smiled.

Olivia leaned over and kissed her fiance deeply before standing slowly.

"Now, where are you going?" Elliot laughed.

"We have to talk to your parents, see what they think about us getting married. And I need to see Miles. Apologize to him about my crying all day."

"He's with Carol and Jessica, but you can apologize to him when we call him tonight. I promise."

///

Matthew was crying when Serena came to check in on him. He had shut himself in his room and cried because he hated himself so much for hurting Olivia.

"Matty?" Serena asked softly, as she opened the door. 

"Mom, go away." Matthew whimpered as he brushed tears from his cheeks.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?" Serena asked, as she jumped right into the situation. Matthew didn't want her to know why he was crying, especially after she told them to never contact Olivia again.

"I told you I didn't want to talk about this! Can't you just fucking listen to me instead of weaseling yourself into my business?!" Matthew yelled.

"That is no way to talk to me, Matthew-"

"You know what... you are the reason why I'm crying. You and Dad are dicks and had to say some pretty nasty things to Olivia and Elliot. You couldn't just believe that Elliot was a good guy and would never rape Olivia while she was in a coma, because you wanted to blame someone for the accident. Because Olivia had sex before marriage and ended up pregnant. So I am crying because you are a shitty mother and really love just controlling things and making people feel bad." Matthew spat.

"No, you don' get to talk to me that way and make me the bad guy!"

"YOU ARE THE BAD GUY!" Matthew screamed.

"I wasn't the one that raped your sister!" Serena spat.

"Elliot didn't rape her! They had sex because they are in love! Olivia and Elliot had consensual sex that led to a baby girl! You can't just yell rape when you don't like the fact your daughter is no longer a virgin!"

Serena was beyond pissed off and shook her head. She balled her hands up into fists before looking at her son.

"I want you out." She spat.

"Excuse me? You honestly think you can just kick me out?" Matthew laughed.

"Oh yeah, and I did. So pack up your shit and find somewhere else to live. Especially since no one wants you around here. You are just as bad as your sister."

///

Elliot and Olivia got married a little less than week after Doug and Matthew decided to make things harder for Olivia. It was a small ceremony at the courthouse with Elliot's siblings and parents, and of course Miles. Afterwards, they went out and had a big dinner before retiring for the night.

"Matthew?" Bernie asked as she led Miles up to the house. She and Joseph were watching Miles for the weekend while Olivia and Elliot had a small honeymoon in the city.

"Hi, Mrs. Stabler." Matthew frowned as he stood up slowly. 

"What are you doing here?" Bernie questioned as she lifted Miles up and rested him on her hip.

"I wanted to talk to Olivia. She hasn't been answering my calls or anything, so I thought that I'd come over here and try to catch her." Matthew frowned.

"Mama and Daddy are at a hotel and they are going to go swimming." Miles smiled tiredly as he rested his head against his grandmother's shoulder.

"They never leave Miles... are they okay?" Matthew asked nervously.

"They got married tonight, and they are taking a few days to celebrate. But Olivia doesn't answer your calls because she doesn't want to be in contact with you or your family. She doesn't like that you brought Doug over here, even though you knew what he said about her and the family she is making. So I think it would be wise to just leave her alone. She'll come to you when she's ready, and until then... I gotta get this little guy inside and to bed." Bernie frowned.

Matthew stepped out of the way and let Bernie unlocked the house. Once she had sat Miles down, Matthew gently grabbed her arm.

"I know that I'm an adult and all, but my parents kicked me out of the house and I don't have a ton of money to find a place to stay. I was hoping that she might be able to help me find a place." Matthew whispered.

"Matthew, I don't think they have any money to spare right now. Like you said, you are an adult so figure it out. Don't go and find them because this is their first night together as a married couple, and they don't need you to mess things up. Just like you did the relationship you could have had with your sister."