Source of Power

Kagura P.O.V

Nearly a week has passed since the dragons attack. Since then we have been living in our half-demolished Inns. Even more so, I always visited him everyday since the Princess permitted it.

I wonder if he's doing well?

After I ate my breakfast with the girls, I took Archenemy and was about to head out to the usual place. To where he is resting...

When I was about to set foot out of the Inn, Araña called out to me along the hallway, "Kagura~"

I stopped in place before the exit, "What is it, Araña-?"

"Are you going to visit Haru again~?" She teases.

"Yes-"

"Well, I do hope that he'll wake up~"

I slightly turn my head to her standing far behind me, "Thank you, Araña..." After I thanked her, I exited the Inn and walked silently towards the palace.

As I was walking through the city, majority of the buildings are completely destroyed, reduced to rubbles. The positive side however is that some are still standing, while they are slowly being rebuilt.

In the morning, the citizens here are purchasing their groceries, cooking some morning street food, and shipping cargo into their stores.

It is surely relieving that they are doing their usual morning routines, despite the fact that dragons leveled like three quarters of the city.

When I arrived at the entrance of the palace early in the morning, I have to undergo this tedious checking procedure. The revolting and frustrating part is when the guards ogles at me.

I could even hear their disgusting conversation despite being several meters away, "Dude, this is life~"

"Yeah~ For her to visit everyday is like heaven~!"

"Yeah, but she is already taken by Emperor Haru~"

"Lucky kid-"

"Isn't it kinda overkill for an Emperor of Ishgar to have an appearance of a kid?"

"Shut up, Corporal-!"

"Ahhh, yes Sir-!"

'...Assholes...'

I continued walking outside the palace along the large garden's maze. Of course, I was aware of how massive its layout is. One could easily get lost in the maze if they wandered aimlessly.

Several minutes later, I nearly arrived to his place where Ru said that he is in stasis...

While walking, I noticed that on the grass has a shadow. A tall one at that, '...Huh...?!'

Usually in the morning, I will always see a long horizontal shadow which originally is his Alternate Mode's top, along with an extended part which is the cannon. Now, something is different... a vertical shadow appeared.

I ran towards the vehicle and examine the mysterious shadow on top of it. Lightly panting, I slowly focus my sight at the figure on top of the vehicle. It was difficult to tell by its appearance because of the bright morning sun before the figure.

"Gura..." A soft voice called from the figure, telling me that he is awake.

"Hmm~ Good morning, Ru..." A small smile archs at the edge of my lips.

"You really ruined my plans though..."

"Huh? After all the visiting I had done, this is the thanks I get-?" My eyes widens to what he just said.