Chapter 26: Young miss.

Start from the beginning

Aunt Haren scoffs as she sassily lands her hand on her waist, "Please your mother was the best in the family. Do you know how much mother and father wanted her to marry rich? Everything was in her favor. She was about to marry a Duke and live happily in riches." (Aunt Haren)

She walks around me like a snake slowly coiling around its prey. "But no, she chose to be with your pathetic mage of a father who can't even afford anything."

Kein's father... was a mage?

I tried recalling anything about her father being a mage in the diary but there was nothing. So did her father not tell her about anything in his life? "I'm guessing the Duke was angry after that."

She laughs loudly like one of those villainess long monologues of it. "You couldn't be more right. He was so angry he threatened our family so your mother is everything to blame." (Aunt Haren) looked mad as she clenched her fist.

"She's gone now leaving her only child to me. Of course, how do you think I saw it?" (Aunt Haren) leaned in closer as she asked. Her hands held my shoulder as she gripped it tightly in surprise.

The snake has coiled her hands around me, my body refusing to budge.

I didn't even- what happened how- how did she get there so suddenly-

Aunt Haren smiles as I grit my teeth trying to move my body, "I saw it as a chance to take all my pent up anger on her to you instead."

I thought she had fire magic? Not whatever this is?!

Moving my body was useless but at least I could still talk. I felt my mouth moving as I tried saying something to provoke her, "I guess this is where Lucas got his whole asshole attitude from huh."

The snake woman just rolled her eyes at my comment as she decided to finally let go of my shoulders. My shoulders slumped in relief that finally it was out of her clutches, "Your disrespectful mouth of yours, now that I can guarantee. You got that from your father." (Aunt Haren)

You know I'm really doubting all of this. Too bad she doesn't know I'm not really the real Kein. "Will that be all? Can I go now?" I asked her.

Aunt Haren didn't even bother and just clicked her tongue, glared at me displeasingly and walked out. Her footsteps slowly faded away as I decided that even if all of them started all being kind to me asking forgiveness.

I won't give in to any of them.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.

I found a private library where I wasn't usually allowed in. However, the maid who takes care of the library said it was okay and she also told me Lenard was in here.

I was expecting the place to be quiet, knowing Lenard he was always a quiet reader. "Wait! Ellis! You can't do that! That's cheating!"

"Master Lenard! It's not cheating! I swear!"

Instead it was filled with laughter, making me curious when I heard Lenard's voice and someone I couldn't recognize but they sounded like they were having fun together.