How High?

I was slowly but surely loosing my sanity in this godforsaken place,I'm in handcuffs most of the time and it's beginning to leave an imprint on my skin .

The guards complain that I'm too stubborn,but how is it my fault that the girls here refuse to mind their freaking businesses,how am I to blame for that?

Let them taste the repercussions of their actions,and the scars I left on their jaws serve as a reminder to never mess with me again.

Yeah I'm going crazy for sure,I'm letting this temporary environment rule over my sense of judgement,the old me wouldn't just lash out at some random chick because she forgot to keep her emotions in check.

I don't do that.

"I can hardly recognise myself,I need to get out of here".I speak to the plain walls.

"You will".The sudden voice had my eyes bulging,I turn forward and realise I am not alone.

I'm in one of those silent rooms with some strange man sitting in front of me,he's looking too decent to be a cop,and a bit too classy.

He must be in the wrong place.

"Who are you?".

"Your lawyer ma'am".Every word is accompanied by a smile,and the creases besides his eyes tells more of the lies he holds beneath it.

I turn my head away from his and stare at the large glass window,knowing with all certainty that the creeps were at the other side,watching.

"You can't fool me".I groan."You don't even know what you're talking about".

My eyes meet his and the confused expression on his face amuses me."You can't defend the guilty,that's like licking up spilled milk,it's futile and frustrating,nothing's achieved".

"But at least let me--

Raising my hands,I interrupt his practiced speech."You should leave before this drama completely sucks you in,you don't want to be one of those guys".

"Pardon my confusion,but who?".

Raking his length with a snare,or at least the part of him I could see,the rest were hidden behind the table,I say."The ones who make a mistake they'd regret for a lifetime,I can see the resilience in your eyes,and if you're stupid enough to think a few sophisticated words would convince the judge to lessen my sentence,if I do get a sentence,then you honestly deserve to be in one of those cells,that level of stupidity should be a crime".

He chuckles,and it attracts my attention to the stubble he has beneath his well defined jaw,I suddenly wonder why my mother would hire a good looking man as my attorney,I thought by now I'd be known as some man hunter on the news."You're fiery ma'am,but with all honestly,I do believe you can be given a more trivial verdict,I spoke to your mum and she only had good things to say".

I give him a blank stare."She's my mum,what did you expect".

While nodding,he shows off an irritating smirk."I thought the same,till I spoke to more people,and noticed the similarities in their feedbacks,they sang your praises,and tried their best to assure me you weren't what the papers pictured you as".

I am a good girl.

"Yeah well".I roll my eyes."If it's really true what they said,then I wouldn't be here now would I?".

I watch as he places his folded arms on the table and leans closer,surprisingly I find myself leaning in as well,we become so close that I could instantly tell apart the difference in his orbs,one was a shiny hazel,the other was a dull brown.