c o l l a p s i n g

1st POV: Mayuko's

I was bestowed as I kept looking at this man and there was no doubt he was my father. He was young and good looking. Suddenly all those thoughts of seeking revenge were shattered away into the darkness, because the love of devotion for my own father was already growing in my heart by just looking at him. And the way he looked at me, it seemed to be the same way for him as well.

He broke the silence and I found myself treasuring his sweet deep voice. My grip was now tight on the hem of my dress as I sat there in a chair that felt like it was nonexistent.

"You’re..." He spoke as if in doubt and I got rid of that doubt by answering him.

"Iwasa Mayuko."

"O-Oh," He choked slightly and a waiter came over to us, asking us what we wanted to eat. I couldn't even think of food or crave for it as this moment, but my f-father...d-dad...T-Tomohisa...what should I call him? He had ordered us a plate of spaghetti and glasses of ice tea.

We were now back to one another when the waiter left and we kept looking at one another as if we were grand pieces of art.

I took my turn to break the ice.

"H-How have you been?" I asked awkwardly and wanted to look away, but it was my first time ever laying eyes on my real father. I wanted his face to be permanent in my mind.

He cleared his throat and moved in his seat as if he was uncomfortable.

"I-I should be asking you that...how are you?"

That was when I had remembered, he abandoned me as well, before my mother. I was abandoned, because he abandoned mom first. It was like pushing dominos. To be honest, this was the cause of my down falls in my life…The cause of me meeting Kai and Sehun, then the problems that happened after it. It was as if it was predestined, but it wasn’t.

"I'm fine."

My eyes had drifted down to my lap, knowing that was somewhat a lie. Sure, I now had money, but that didn't satisfy me. The past was still haunting me, making my soul quake and I couldn't stop it. Even if I wanted to stop right now, I couldn't and I wouldn't.

Bringing my eyes up back up to him, he was now smiling at me softly.

"I wish…I could say you look like your mother, but you don't. You look just like me and I kept help but admit that I'm growing fond of you... I should have looked at you back then, maybe then I wouldn't have...abandoned you. For that...I'm sorry. I was young and foolish. I could never apologize to your mother back then, because I didn't see the importance of it and I was angry at her, when she made the woman I love, stop loving me. After that she would never speak to me face to face."

By him just looking at me and acknowledging me as his daughter, he was pouring out his heart and soul to me. It reached me deeply and wrapped around my heart and soul. I felt as if a father was comforting me, begging for forgiveness.