r e p e n t

1st POV: Mayuko's

I was hoping for the best…Hoping that my mother wouldn't look down on me because I was pregnant and now my baby was here now to be viewed upon the world. The last time I saw her was in the hospital and she looked so disappointed at that time. It was a mark of shame and I would have that over my head forever. But, as long as I had Kai.Jr and Sehun, I was able to stand on my two feet. They were my pillars. But for the longest time, I wanted to drop to my knees for some reason.

"Mayuko, this is your sister." My mother said to me and her name sounded so much familiar and it made sense when she said that she was Kai's fiancée. It was worse to see it than hearing it.

She was beautiful. More beautiful than me with her doll face, white pearl skin, and nicely curvy shape body like a goddess. I felt that I was a sea shell on the shore, knocked into the ocean to be forgotten.

I didn't even notice it, but I was holding my breath.

Seohyun had stood up and gave me a bow, but as she did so my eyes couldn't help look at Kai, who looked at me and Sehun, but he turned back around disinterested.

I felt angry for the first time.

Seohyun gave me a big smile and came up to me holding her hand out for me take. "Even though we are not blood, I hope you can see me as a big sister." She seemed so polite for the first time and I took her hand slowly and yet painful.

We weren’t blood. That was a relief.

When my shaky hand finally met hers, I felt something cool and I couldn't help but look at her hand, spotting a diamond ring on her finger and I felt relieved just a little bit more, she didn't have the wedding band Kai gave me.

Whatever happened to it?

"Have you met my fiancé, Kai?"

She asked this with big puppy eyes and looked over at Kai who was looking away as if he wasn't entertained enough. 

"No, I have not."

In order for me not to be broken Kai, I'll have to replace you completely, but what could I explain for Kai.Jr?

You’re not a father to him Kai, Sehun is. He's been there with me since day one since you’ve been gone.

You loved me yesterday and hated me today.

"Mayuko...let's sit down," Sehun whispered in my ear and he put his hand lightly on my arm to guide me to the table. I and Sehun sat on a loveseat couch on the opposite side of Kai and Seohyun, but he would never look at me. Do you hate me that much Kai? Tell me, why do you hate me?

Chae-Young's voice, made me look back at her and I looked at her beautiful young features. How old was she when she had me? It had to be in her teens, like me...that must be why she was in such a furious outrage when she came to me in the hospital. I made the same mistake she did.

She uncrossed her legs and was watching me closely, like an insect. She must want to see my reaction to Kai and Seohyun. Why?

Even though, I won't reveal the weak Mayuko, I buried in the ground last month.

She had taken in a breath to speak, but a voice broke in suddenly.

"How's the baby?"

My heart froze and I looked over at Kai who had asked that bluntly. He was looking at me casually and then I saw Seohyun wrap her arms around Kai's arm and I had to admit that I hated it.

I ignored him and looked back at my mother. She laughed like a rich woman and brought her hands on her lap over one another.

"I was just going to ask that, but more about you. How are you and the baby? Where is the baby?"