a p p r o v a l

1st POV/Mayuko's

"No fucking way!" Krystal shouted at Kai and presumably me. "Language!" Kai's mom said with a demurring voice. A hard angry line fixated on Krystal lips as she just sat at the table in front of her looking at the food but she was obviously lost in anger. I was also lost in his idea of marriage.

I finally released my breath that was caught in my lungs when he leaned in my ear speaking softly which made every hair on my body stand, well the one's that wasn't shaved. "Breath." My head turned looking away from the surprised family to Kai's face as he looked back in my eyes with desperation and hope. With one squeeze of my hand, we looked back upon the family. So one was the mother and sister. What about these men, they were young so of course they wouldn't be the father even though his mom look young...like mines.

"Wow, Hyori is this freaking real?" One of the male's said that was pouring himself some lemonade. He was really beautiful with bleached blonde hair and deep chocolate eyes. "That's Mrs. Kim to you, Jonghyun" She said with a glare at him while she was standing up wearing a long yellow hippy skirt and a white tank top with white flower sandals.

He put his hand on his heart and act like he died as he fell back into the other male which had dark hair but I knew him. I had seen him before when I went to school. What was his name. "Hey, Kyungsoo, you're supposed to stand up for me." Jonghyun said as he sat back up looking normal again while he sipped his lemonade.

Hyori waved her hand off ignoring the two fools and stood before me. Her eyes roamed up and down in me in a intriguing look then over at Kai. "She's poor, isn't she? I can tell. You would only dress her in your type of..." Her eyes then roamed to my golden lingerie neck part. Quickly I put my free hand over it while my cheeks burned hot with redness.

"Style." She finished still looking at Kai. I looked over at Kai who had a worried look written on his face. "I won't let that happen again. Just don't mention it." I heard Krystal stand up but I saw Jonghyun shake his head at her and she sat back down silently. Were they lovers?

My attention was back to Hyori and Kai. Hyori sighed softly and looked back at me with pitiful eyes. She then asked me directly, "Do you love him?" I nodded immediately and she smiled showing the politeness cooking on her cheeks. "Well Kai, it's your life. I won't control you like your father. Just make the right decisions. Now come let's eat and chat." Before she walked off she ran her hand through my hair softly while looking in my eyes with such affection already. I wanted to tear up a little because my mother had did the same thing before I would go off to school everyday but I suppressed it deeply.

Me and Kai were seated next to each other at the end of one table. It was refreshing to be having lunch outside for the first time. It wasn't too hot but it was nicely warm that matched with the conversation at the table. Jonghyun was sitting next to Krystal on the side of the table which answered my curiosity, they were a couple. He teased her while putting some salad in her plate for her. "We should get permission to get married too, don't you think?" Krystal blushed and looked up at him with a strawberry colored face. "You wouldn't!" She yelped boldly and forgot about her own anger as he picked on her in his own oving way.