c r y p t i c

1st POV: Sehun's

The shock never left my body when I heard her words and it was making me think that I heard her wrong or that she just didn't finish her sentence. It just seemed so unreal. How could she just agree like that? It made me wonder, if she would still think like that, if she found out all the things that I was keeping from her.

I was a secret keeper for the time being and I wanted it to stay like that.

After I had left her, a nurse stopped me in the hallway. It was Nurse Jung. Her hand drifted from my arm and I looked at her with hopeful eyes.

"H-How is he?" I asked carefully, not wanting get my hopes up if something went wrong.

"He is doing better. Much better. We weren't sure if he would recover due to him having two serious issues, but he pulled through. This is what you call a miracle."

Unconsciously a long sigh protruded from my mouth and I was so glad that Kai.Jr was okay. I can't describe my gratitude for that. It was just as she said. A miracle. Then I remembered the things that he had which were the Intraventricular Hemmorhage and Chronic Lung Disease.

"Will he be affected by these things again in the future?"

I asked desperately, still caring to up most of my capabilities.

She nodded and looked down feeling sorrowful. Then she looked back in my eyes before she spoke. "Yes, as for the Chronic Lung Disease, the only way to diagnose it, is for him to have extra oxygen for at least 28 days after his birth. We did tests on his lung and saw that it wasn't too severe just as that there isn't alot of bleeding in the ventricles of his head. As for that, it can get worse in a couple of days or remain the same. You'll need to keep an eye on him when he goes home. Other than that, he is stable and overall fine."

With a bow, I walked off and meditated deeply on everything that just happened. Everything was such a risk right now. 

Remembering the meeting that I basically just tossed aside, I quickly ran off back there. It had already ended, while my mother was standing outside against the door. Unlike Kai's mother she was older and quite crueler. 

"Sehun, do intend to make a fool out of me, huh?"

This wasn't good.

I bowed with a sincere apology. 

"I'm sorry. I had an urgent situation."

I had to remember that I couldn't tell her about Mayuko just yet. If she saw that the baby wasn't mines, she would add more fire to fume. She would see it as disgraceful and probably slap all the stocks that Chae-Young gave her right back in her face.

"Was it because of Mayuko?"

As I heard her reply, I stood back up and looked in her face that was solid and cold as ice. She was always like this, raising me with a firm hand.