Return

ALEYNA_______

ALEYNA
_______

Dear Students,

We have discovered two dead bodies on campus and both of the bodies have yet to be identified. We want all students off the campus no excuses to be made from this point on. It is a serious and dangerous matter.

We all look at each other and I can feel my heart nearly bursting out my chest. I know it's not Mattheo, it can't be. He said he won't leave his dorm, he promised to be safe. But my heart ached so much at the possibility.

I pulled out my phone quickly calling him off my recent calls list.

The phone rings, and rings, and it never seems to end and as the seconds go on that he doesn't answer I want to break something.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Aleyna, I bet he's okay don't do this to yourself." Niccoló had a worried expression printed all over his face.

"If something happened to him," Before I finish my sentence Niccoló pulled me into a hug saying it's alright and that it'll be fine.

"I think we should change our tickets and fly out tomorrow, why wait two days we don't have anymore missions." Jess said.

"I agree." Luca pulled Jess into a hug as well when he noticed her eyes beginning to tear.

"Yes, we should." I look at them and Luca pulls out his phone.

"I'll change our flight dates right now."

"We'll go two days early but don't stress yourselves out too much I know Mattheo is fine nothing would happen to him." Niccoló laughed a sad laugh.

Jess nodded and so did I.

I would feel so guilty if something happened to Mattheo, I promised him that he'd meet someone better. That he'll be happy and share lovely moments with someone who is capable of giving him so much love as he's able to produce from that warm heart of his.

He's my best friend, someone who manages to keep me strong through it all.

"There's a flight leaving tonight in 5 hours." Luca looked up from his phone.

"Yes." Jess, Niccoló, and I all said.

"Got it." He brought his head back down to his phone.

"You girls go upstairs and pack your belongings we'll probably leave for the airport in a hour or so." Niccoló motioned towards the stairs.

Jess got up reaching her hands down to me to pull me up. We walked up the stairs in utter silence and began to pack our suitcases.

I noticed Jess was silently crying trying so hard not to be heard and facing the other way as she packed. I couldn't help but let a few tears come down as well seeing Jess showing her sadness saddens me more than words could describe.