Sicilian's

ALEYNA
________

I had woken up with the sounds of the gunshots echoing in my head, as if I were still in the ballroom. My head ached with the pain I cannot describe. I rubbed my head trying to remember what had happened, but my brain wouldn't budge.

I took a look around the room, I was in a hospital bed connected to an IV, but no signs of wounds on my body. The only pain I felt was the pain that ached throughout my head. Jess and Luca were sitting in the seats across from me fast asleep. Jess's head rested on Luca's shoulder while Luca's arm was wrapped around Jess. Jess had Luca's jacket wrapped around her while she was asleep on his shoulder.

I was slowly regaining my consciousness, I was really hungry but didn't want to wake them up. So I pulled the IV out of my arm gently and got up tiptoeing out the room carefully not to wake them up.

(Niccolò's POV)

The doctor left my room after taking the wound out of my arm and bandaging it up. He told me to get some rest but I couldn't. I was eager to find out if Aleyna was okay. So, after the doctor had left the room for a solid 5 minutes I got up and left the room. I grunted in pain as I forgetfully opened the door with my injured arm. I walked around the hospital's halls looking for Aleyna's room.

As I turned the corner I bumped into someone.

"Fuck." I grunted then looked down to see it was Aleyna.

"I am very sorry..." She apologized then looked up to see me.

"What the fuck Niccolò" She was about to ramble but then noticed my arm.

"Niccolò! What happened to your arm?" She exclaimed gently holding my arm to examine it.

I slightly let out a little smile but then quickly wiped it off my face before she could see.

"I'm fucking fine, what is your problem?" I grunted.

"Sorry Niccolò, that I was fucking worried for you." She huffed then began to walk away.

I want to become closer to her but I'm so fucking bad at expressing my emotions. Did I really just say that shit. I don't need anyone, and never did but maybe it's the fact that she doesn't want me that is killing me. I can't seem to understand.

I grabbed onto her left arm as she tried to walk away which made her turn around facing me and making eye contact without saying a word for a solid 2 minutes.

I finally broke the silence.

"I apologize for my behavior Aleyna."

She looked up at me then back to my arm, she had a worried expression on her face. I could tell she was worried or concerned by the look on her face but I couldn't read through her. This frustrates me because I can read through everyone. I could simply look at a person and know their expectations and wants. But she was different, I could never tell how she really feels or what she wants when she looks at me with those big dark blue eyes.

She didn't say a word she just rubbed my arm slightly giving me a warm smile.

"It's okay, now what happened to your arm?" She finally spoke.

"You don't have to worry about that." I chuckled as I ran my fingers through my hair.

"No Niccolò, your not getting out of this. Tell me." She scowled.

"Okay, it was a minor injury I just happened to get hit by a bullet on my arm."

"What the fuck Niccolò, minor injury my ass. I thought you'd be more careful." She huffed crossing her arms.

"I was fucking careful, I got shot intentionally trying to help someone," I growled.

"What? Who did you save?" She threw a glare at me.

"No one, you wouldn't know them," I said as I began to walk away.

I could hear her footsteps trying to catch up from behind. I will not tell her that I jumped in front of a fucking bullet for her. It will seem as if I liked her or something of that sort, which I despised. I have priorities, those of which that aren't her.

Making me question why I even jumped in front of the bullet in the first place. But for some reason, I couldn't even think before I did it, as if it were an instinct.

I turned around as I could still hear her walking behind me.

"Why are you following me?" I questioned as I raised an eyebrow.

"I want to, and I do whatever I want." She glared.

Then a ring let out from both of our phones at the exact time.

We both glanced down at our phones then back to each other.

The messaged read,

"Dear Niccolò,

I say this with great knowledge of your capabilities and skills. I believe you'd be a great fit for a mission tomorrow night. You alongside three other students from your school had been selected for this mission. I believe you four can complete this mission successfully. There may be a few challenges within it but if you are interested, get back to me within midnight tonight. If you do not accept the mission you will be punished so keep that in mind.

Sincerely,

The Fucking Sicilian's."

The Sicilians are one of the biggest Italian-American mafia groups. You wouldn't want to get on their bad side because all know's it will not end well.

Aleyna then broke through the thoughts streaming through my head.

"Did you get the message as well?" She said looking up at me worriedly.

"The mission message?" I questioned.

"Yes, I need to find Jess and find out if she got it too." She said running off.

Ah shit, I forgot about Luca. I ran behind Aleyna and followed her into the room with multiple patients but curtains separating them from one another. I walked through looking for Luca, then I found Luca. He was sitting with Jess and I saw Aleyna questioning them both about the message and walked closer for them to acknowledge me.

"Niccolò! Did you get the mission message?" He said almost as if he was happy about it.

"Yes, so I am guessing we are the four selected for this mission?" I continued.

"Now should we accept it or decline?" Aleyna questioned looking around at all of us.

(wc:1085)