Ignorance

ALEYNA
_______

I started to take a few bites of my pizza savoring the taste here and there, I was anticipating Niccolò to confront the situation the whole night but he never did.

"I think we should get going, we have school training tomorrow." Jess yawned.

"I'll drive you guys to the dorms, I did not drink." Luca got up getting the keys to the car.

Niccolò didn't say a word, not even a goodbye he just went upstairs to his room. We got in the car and I sat in the backseat while Jess sat in the passenger seat beside Luca.

The car ride back to the dorms was pretty silent, other than Jess and Luca's awkward small talk here and there. When we finally arrived Jess kissed Luca's cheek before getting out of the car, I just waved Luca goodbye and so did he.

"What was that?" I questioned grinning.

"Let's just say these past days between Luca and I went great." She smirked.

"Care to explain?" I giggled at the thought of Jess growing soft for a guy.

"Well, I just never met anyone who made me feel the way he does." Jess smiled as we walked up the steps to our dorm.

We entered our dorm and threw ourselves onto our beds. It didn't take long till I passed out asleep on my bed, I snuggled into the blanket covering every inch of my body.

The alarm rang making me aggravated, as I could feel the hangover effects kicking in. I could feel the fatigue and weakness ache as it drained every bit of energy I so-called had.

Jess got up to shut the alarm, after she did she came up to me taking the blanket off and throwing it on the floor.

"What the fuck Jess?" I groaned shoving my face into the pillow.

"I don't take the attitude, get your ass up and get ready." Jess rolled her eyes and walked to her closet lingering her fingers over the 10 pairs of uniforms she had hung deciding which she should wear.

Why did she have 10 pairs of uniforms? I couldn't even bring myself to find out.

I groaned but managed to get off my bed, I walked to the bathroom splashing cold water on my face giving me at least some energy to get ready.

I took my uniform that hung on my side of the closet, sliding up the skirt and buttoning up the top. I adjusted my skirt in the mirror and flattened it out. I sat at my vanity brushing my hair letting out a slight yawn due to the energy I once had fading.

With the very little energy I contained, I put on some mascara and concealer to hide my eye bags from the sleepless nights.

Jess was still getting ready, I opened the window of my dorm and pulled out a cigarette. I took my lighter and lit the cigarette in my mouth.

I inhaled the smoke slowly closing my eyes trying to bring myself to what happened last night. The memories came back piece by piece like a puzzle. I couldn't put it back together. I let all the smoke out from the window, looking down at the students meeting up with their friends for their first day.

"Alright I'm ready, lets get this show moving," Jess said putting on her jacket.

I threw my cigarette down below, hopefully, it didn't hit anyone. I took my jacket from the back of the door pulling it on, with the other hand I reached for the perfume spraying it all over my body to mask the smell of the cigarettes.

The day went on, it was surely boring as I didn't see Niccolò or Luca yet.

The next class was the Mission Practice course,  Jess and I had this class together. We walked to the mission training building, it was built as if it were a gym but divided into sections. There was a shooting range, boxing ring, an intensified gym, darts, an implement room, and a room full of computers with high technology, I assume for hacking.