39. "Tumhe farak nhi padta?"

Comincia dall'inizio

“I will satisfy myself with puppies and cats as my grandchildren but won't let you marry that girl ..” She spoke with finality.
__________________________________

I parked my car in front of Zoya's house and gazed at her room balcony. How come she met Pooja? I was thinking and was worried too. I wanted to know what lies she has fed Zoya. This question brought me here. I wasn't able to wait. I dialled her number to call her down. 

“Zoya… I am outside your house, come down.” I instructed, not a single hint of playfulness in my voice.

“Aditya… Now..?” 

“Yes, now! Do you have a problem with that?” I sounded rude this time. 

Okay… Okay… Calm down Aditya. It's just Zoya. Not Pooja. You don't have to meet her.

“Zoya!” I called her when I heard nothing from her side.

“Acha.. acha.. I am coming down.” She spoke, hurriedly and I disconnected the call.

I started walking to and fro in front of my car anxiously. Pooja isn't a problem for me. Problem is Zoya's kindness and naivety. I stopped when I saw her walking out of her home. She smiled and approached me.

She knows I am angry on Pooja. No wait! That phase is long gone. Her chapter is closed in my life. I was definitely angry on her but slowly Zoya made her space in my life. A very prominent place. Now I don't feel anything for Pooja.

Sigh…. But she don't know that. After our Delhi trip, she never brought up Pooja's topic. And I was too busy exploring new feelings with her that I forgot telling her that I don't feel anything for Pooja at all.

“Haanji… Boliye…” She tried to sound playful.
(Yup! Tell me..!)

Ahhh!! What will I do with you Zoya… I was frustrated now. She can't just act all normal after what she had tried to do. Without informing me she brought Pooja home.

“You brought Pooja home?” I asked seriously. She nodded.

“Why?” 

“Because there is a misunderstanding, Aditya. She… She didn't want to leave you back then… She had no choice…” She tried to explain.

I know where she is going. Let's get straight to the point then. Why to beat around the bush..!

“You want me to reunite with her?” I asked very seriously. 

Now, I wanted nothing more than to know about her feelings for me. Does she only take me as a friend? 

Kaisi Teri Khudgarzi…
Na Dhoop Chune Na Chhaaon…
Kaisi Teri Khudgarzi…
Kisi Thor Tike Na Paaon…

Nothing was going on in my mind except for the fact that Zoya is well and good seeing me with someone else. First betrayal and now unrequited love. Why always me??

Wait!! What did I just thought? Love? My eyes widened in realisation but she didn't notice. She was busy in looking here and there, thinking how to convince me.

Heck! What a perfect timing Aditya!! Just now I have realised that I love her and now only I am on the verge of heartbreak.

“You love her, right? So, you should atleast give her one chance to explain. People go through worst but it's not like it is the end. Giving chances and forgiving is something very important in a relationship. You should onc-” 

I interrupted her lecture because I wasn't interested in it a bit. I just wanted to know one thing. What am I to her?

“Are you happy? Tumhe farak nhi padta?”
(Are you happy? Doesn't it matter to you?)