Gaster Timeline

"I do not understand what that was about." Gaster whispered to the shorter lizard monster. They had moved upstairs, he held the tiny skeleton to him as she slept. She clung to him desperately.

"I-I don-don't know either." Alphys spoke, she was worried for her dear friend. She had bags under her sockets.

"Maybe I should take her home, she looks completely exhausted, it isn't like her.... she is so lazy." He spoke rubbing her skull gently.

"Might b-be b-b best." Alphys stood and fixed her round glasses. "Alright, I suppose we are done for the day, enjoy your evening, Alphys." He stands with the tiny monster in his arms and to his chest, she cuddled into him much like she use to as a child and he left for home.

❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

Passing waterfall was always his favorite thing to do, he found solitude in the dark caverns, the soft glow of blue, the dark purples, he enjoyed it.

The tiny skeleton in his arms stirred from her slumber, he instantly looked down to see her sockets open slowly and pinpricks flash to life sleepily. "Hello, conscious so soon? Not like you." He muses, she looks at him rubbing her one good socket before meeting his.

"I wasn't dreaming... you actually are here..." Her voice was soft, laced with a sort of pain he couldn't place.

"Why wouldn't I be?" He tilted his head knitting his brows. She shook her head collecting her thoughts.

"I have one hell of a story for you Dings. I don't even think you will be able to follow, let alone believe."

Well that was a bit concerning and cryptic.

"Try me dear sister." He passed the wishing room, echos of conversations and wishes flow through the dark cavern as he walks.

❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

Well it certainly was a story.

They had made it home by the time she was done telling it. A world where he didn't exist... falling into the core, how would one even accomplish something like that?

He highly doubted that he wanted to linger on the question as he opened the door to the cabin house and entered.

"It was horrible." She mumbled into his chest, over the course of the story she had gotten softer and softer in her words, reliving the memories to tell them right, he set her on the couch and sat next to her.

He wasn't sure what to say, even if he did, could he?

She lived hell, nothing mattered in her world, no action held consequence, no feelings mattered, it would all be reset... that would explain why she was so quick to kill the human child of perseverance back then... wait!?

"Do you remember killing the human child that busted out your socket in this world!?" He looked her over, she shook her head.

"No... I remember nothing of this world, I just woke up and it was gone, Grillby said they attacked you and I killed them. Why?"

"What were your stats in the other world?"

She stiffens and swallows a nonexistent lump in her throat.

He didn't not like that one bit.

"LV: 18, HP: 7267, AT: 36, DF: 8, EXP: N/A" Her hands tighten into fists on her lap, she looks at them ashamed.

He was shocked, he didn't know she had such power in another world, she would very well rival King Asgore himself if they went up against each other and she might even come out on top if they did... he would hate to think of that. Shaking his head and looked down at her, and asked the question boiling in his head over such stats.

"How?"

She pulled her hands closer on her lap, her teeth clicked before she took a breath and looked at him and explained.

"With no consequences to my actions, I kidnapped other monsters and experimented on them in the lab to see if I could trigger memories throughout the resets, see if I could cause a reset, and sometimes I'd just lose all hope and kill them just cause I could." She confessed with no hesitation in her words, but there was grieve over her actions, remorse and shame.

"Tell me more, what did you find... through those experiments?"

❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

The conversation went to dinner then some.

She told him everything from the odd glitched numbers to everything being messed up, she was worried the next reset might be more glitchy than this one, she was worried he wouldn't be there.

She just wanted Frisk to show up, see if the child remembered, they were the only one who ever understood, besides the resets they would listen and understand. She broke down again and passed out in his arms once more, he didn't leave her alone, he brought her to his bed for the night to sleep off the stress, he stayed away from his questions for the night, his own thoughts were that she get a goods night rest, they can solve this and talk more in the morning.