Adjusting

Adjusting to this was... well it wasn't great. You still couldn't leave your bed and the boys dawdle on you because of it. The few times you needed a shower, well bath. (you were to weak to stand) Someone would carry you, strip you, set you in the bath then leave but they'd hang around outside waiting for you to be done. Though Papyrus, Green and Blue insisted on washing you, hell even Red would wash you.

The first time the bandages came off and you saw what happened to your socket you visible cringed at your reflection. Toriel had done everything she could with the help of Alphys. You thanked them both for the help, as well as the pie Tori brought and went on about healing and getting over this,

Currently you were in bed looking your phone over, the camera was put up so you could see your face. you had a deep frown, the socket looked so painful, and you are sure without the pain meds that it was, highly painful. There were cracks running about it in various spots, it literally just looked like a crack hole where a socket should be, no form of a socket remained. Your pinprick was gone and you couldn't even see out of it anymore. You sighed and put the phone down. You had a crack running straight up the left side of your head from the hole. That's where the bat hit you, you remember that... and those wingdings... Why did you see them? What was going on?

Red mentioned he saw numbers running up the inside of your sockets when you woke up screaming. He said that was all he could see in the black void that made up the inside of your head.

Something was going wrong.

Something was not right.

You needed to talk to Frisk, they'd be at Undynes now for their sleepover. You don't want to bug them but... this made your very soul ache.

You: Hey.

.

.

.

.

Frisk: How you feel?

You: Fine. How's the sleepover?

You: Thanks for asking by the way.

Frisk: it's great, Undyne hasn't caused any fires yet, and her and Al are watching anime cuddling. It's really cute! x3x

You chuckle at the thought of the image.

You: I need to ask you something, a bit worried it will ruin your fun though.

Frisk: Is it about the resets?

You shiver at this, so much deja vu with this topic.

You: Sorta... something feels wrong to me, remember when I told you about my brother? How ever many resets ago...

Frisk: Yes.

You: I keep seeing wingdings, it's not to often but I know they are there, and back underground last reset they were scribbled all over my walls in my house. Frisk, something is wrong.

You hands shook, Frisk was the only one you could truly confid in here

Frisk: I was hoping you'd notice! Something is wrong! I noticed it last reset I kept hearing a voice I never heard before. It wasn't scary though, it seems lonely. And now I keep seeing this odd dark... goopy? figure everywhere, but it's see through and no one else notices it and it doesn't seem to be aware that it exists.

You nearly dropped your phone at that. When you were doing research over the core, you had found some notes in the True Lab of Dings that he had left, you took them home so Alphys didn't find them and bring up questions. You looked them over and he had reports of other dimensions and he wanted to see if it was possible to travel to them.

It was a side project to destress when he was trying to break the barrier before Asgores' clock ticked out.

You: What did the figure look like? I need more details.. please.

Frisk: They seemed a bit tall, not as tall as Dad but pretty tall, but the goop pooled at the floor, and their face seemed broken?

Frisk: No wait not broken, melted and what looked like might have been an old injury on their face.

.

.

.

.

.

.

You: Thanks, I'll look into it once I am better.

You put your phone down and gently hugged yourself. He was real, he was real.

Over the years of resets, the more they happened the more you were seeing this figure, it was off in the distance and anytime you got close it would vanish. Now Frisk was seeing him and you were not crazy. What should you do?

What could you do?

How were you going to bring him back?

Could you even get him back?

You needed to tell the others, maybe they could help.

Over the course of you being hurt you would console with them over various things and helped talk more on resets and souls. You filled them in fully on those things and answered any questions they had.

You: Hey, can you move me to the living room, I'm bored up here.

Red: sure thing doll, be there in a few.

True to his word Red knocked on the door before entering, he climbed up the stairs and over to you with a smirk. "bonley up here huh?" You chuckled at the pun and nodded slowly. He scooped you up to his chest and headed down.

He was so warm, you snuggled into his chest happily. You had grown use to them carrying you around, still a bit shy about it though.

"Are the others around?" You mumbled into his hoodie.

"not yet, still out shopping, man i hate the holidays. i am surprised it hasn't snowed yet. christmas is in what? a week?" He scowled a bit as he walked down the main hall stairs.

Oh yeah, you had been healing for 2 months. Monsters were odd like that, Your magic was healing you naturally but the attack had taken so much out of you, plus you had attacked and used your magic so you didn't have much, you'd think being a boss monster would help but nope.

"What'd ya get me?" You joked, you had been trying to get hints but everyone refused to give in and give you any.

"nah uh doll. you have to wait." He scolded playfully. You whine in reply but give up.. for now.

He sets you on the couch carefully and covers you up with a fluffy blanket, you smiled up at him and relaxed. He went into the kitchen and came back out with a soda for himself and honey mustard for you.

He's been the one to stay home more when the others left. One night when you were still bedridden and confessed it was because he was afraid Edge would come back and he wanted to protect you from him when and if he does.

You told him he didn't have to, you didn't want him hurt but he ignored your plea and you eventually gave up and let him do his thing. You relaxed against him as you watch alien movies waiting for the others to come back.

You feel into your thoughts again. It seems your emotions and feelings don't know when to stop because you now you have even more people that you cherish in more of a way then you should.

Yep... feelings are a pain.

And with the next reset, they will vanish on their end if they have any feelings at all.

Life is cruel.