35💜

Narration

Soon enough, the hospital was crowded.

Parents, and friends. Distant family members. Hell, even half the school showed up.

Roseanne, while trying to be cheerful on the outside, was trying so hard to accept whatever outcome were to, well, come. It was an internal debate with herself, trying to accept her fate, whatever it may be. She didn't wanna leave just yet, but somehow she knew she needed to prepare just in case, that monitor flatlines, just in case she were to not survive.

Jimin, since yesterday, had never left her side. Her own parents trusted him to look after their daughter. Which is no easy feat, especially with a father that had a knack for being suspicious of guys. Jimin even slept in the hospital beside her. But for her? She couldn't sleep a wink. She stared at the sleeping Jimin with teary eyes.

"What will I do without you?" She whispered, quietly sobbing, next to the sleeping boy. And when D-day finally came, the amount of people that came to support her, the amount of flowers on her bedside table and floor, doubled her guilt. It doubled every feeling she felt last night. On that night, it was then she decided to write letters. The possible last letters to everyone. The girls, her parents, the boys and of course Jimin.

The boy that made her heart flutter, the boy who made her smile, the boy whom she loved, with all her heart. The amount of endearment she had for the blonde boy was seemingly endless. So much so, that she still hasn't accepted the fact that she may have to leave him. The chances of surviving the surgery was low, as her cancer is labeled a Grade 4 brain tumor.

Nonetheless, she prayed every night, wishing, hoping that maybe, just maybe, she'd live longer. That this wasn't the end.

The girls were trying to hold their tears.

The boys too.

Everyone was in fact.

Including Roseanne.

Everyone was trying to hide their fear, hide their sadness, hide their pity, for the girl on the hospital bed. But, it wasn't working. Roseanne could feel the tension, feel their pity, feel their sadness. Every bit of it.

'Positivity' she thought.

She tried to think positive, she tried to think of what her future would be like with the others, but there was that little voice in her head that broke her. That little voice in her head that insisted there were no rose-colored glasses to look through. That they broke the minute she got the news. Now, that little voice, well you could say it wasn't so little any more.

It consumed her.

It consumed everyone in the hospital room.

Then, the door opened, creaking with every bit wider it got.

"Ms. Park Roseanne, we're ready for you now."

As they rolled Roseanne's wheelchair to the operating room, the voices behind her just shattered her.

"YAH DONGSAENG! FIGHT FOR ME OKAY? I'LL SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE!" Irene cried, clutching onto Baekhyun.

"UNNIE! WE'LL SEE YOU SOON OKAY? LET'S GO GET ICE CREAM AFTER THIS FIASCO IS DONE!" Lisa yelled.

"ROSIE-AH! WE STILL NEED TO GET SIGNED IN TO PATRON LABELS! REMEMBER? I'LL WAIT FOR YOU AFTER THIS SO WE CAN HEAD TO THE COMPANY TOGETHER, OKAY?" Wendy unnie wails.

She was doing a great job of holding it in.

Until the last two voices spoke.

"UNNIE, YOU STILL NEED TO SEE ME GRADUATE! AND MARRY MY ANNOYING BROTHER! AFTER YOUR SURGERY, LET'S GO TO A PROM DRESS SHOP! MY FIRST PROM IS IN A WEEK! I'LL WAIT!" Sooyoung shouts.