4💜

Jennie's POV:

"She still thinks about him a lot, I've seen her letters, she really thinks there's no hope." I answer, adjusting my sunglasses.

"I know, but first of all, why the hell are you wearing all black and sunglasses? Do you have a funeral to attend?" He chuckles.

"This is a secret meeting about top secret stuff, I wanna feel cool like a spy." I responded.

"It's freaking July, Nini." He whines.

"Whatever Tae, I feel cool and that's all that matters." I say, playfully rolling my eyes.

Taehyung is my childhood friend, from Chodeung High, and we're here to talk about the Jimin and Rosie Situation.

Yes I am aware of my friend's profound love for her best friend.

I knew when three envelopes fell out of her bag.

Me, being the curious person I am, read it.

I realized this was sensitive and I slipped them back into her bag without her knowing.

I realized she mentioned Taetae, so I went to talk to him.

He says Jimin has also been feeling the same way,

That even if he is a heartthrob and all that, he only has eyes for my best friend.

He has my respect and approval.

"Kaja, let's get something to eat first." He said, holding my hand.

I suddenly pulled my hand back.

It was a reflex.

"I'm sorry, I'm being overdramatic, I should be over this by now." I say.

"Jennie, you're not being overdramatic, It's normal, you shouldn't invalidate your feelings, plus that guy was trash anyways, you deserve nothing but the best, come on." He smiles, giving me a hug.

"I'm sorry you had to, you know, see that and go through that with me." I replied.

"Nini, stop being sorry, and I would always be there for you, whether it be a horrible ex, or to go to the ends of the earth." He says, giving me a reassuring smile.

His infamous boxy smile.

"Thanks Taehyung." I chuckle.

Suddenly, we're running to this cool water feature.

"I SWEAR TO GOD TAEHYUNG!!" I shout as I am surrounded by fountains, and, you guessed it! Wet

"YOU MOTHERF- I WILL GET YOUUU!!" I say as I pull him into the fountain area.

"YAHHHH!"

"HAH, A TASTE OF YOUR OWN MEDICINE!"

"KIM JENNIE!!!!!"

"OH SHOOT GOTTA RUN!!"

"NOT SO FAST MANDU!"

"Crap."

Taehyung pulls me back into the fountain.

Then, I slip on a puddle.

I close my eyes and brace myself, preparing to be greeted by the wet concrete floor, but I never reach it, instead, I feel someone under me.

I open my eyes to be greeted by Taehyung looking at me,

Our faces, centimeters apart.

Suddenly, he pulls me closer,

And his lips crash on mine.

I respond to the kiss.

It was like fireworks were exploding in my stomach.

It just felt so right.

We pulled away, not leaving each other's eyes.

We then stood up, it was like everything was blurred except us.

I could only see him.

"I'm sorry Jennie, that was uncalled for and-"

"Taehyung, It's fine, and I kissed back didn't I? I... kinda liked it." I responded.

"I have one thing to ask of you though." I say.

"Fire away," he replies.

"Can you wait for me? Wait 'till I'm done and recovered and over that situation?" I ask.

He flashes a smile and says,

"Kim Jennie, I've been waiting for years, it won't hurt waiting a little more, I'll always be here."

I smile, he holds my hand, and for the first time, I don't let go.

We sit on the grass, watching the sunset.

Could this day get any more perfect?