I liked her more than I had planned—more than I had ever bargained for.

And in every single way, I am glad that happened. I know that she doesn't have the picture-perfect life that I had thought she had and I won't let the media ruin her.

I wouldn't let my father ruin her.

He liked control.

But in the end, what was the point? Her hating me but still in love with him? Me hating her but still being in love with Jules? The damage control? What would be the point?

I had finally found my peace in all of the chaos and I wasn't going to be letting her go anytime soon.

My hand accidentally slipped on the FaceTime button and it was too late for me to hang up the call. I waited until it said connecting before smiling at her in the camera. Her hair was up in a towel and she had a silk robe on. Her skin was shiny, freshly moisturized and I could already smell what she smelt like.

"What do you want?" She asked as I chuckled.

"You in my bed," I barked back at her as she tried to fight back the smile as her speakers sounded my comment to her.

"Good thing you aren't even in your bed, you're in your living room." She teased as I raised my eyebrows. "Do you want it on the couch then? We could do it on the couch," I teased back as she set her camera down on what I assume was her countertop.

"What's up?" She asked as I hummed.

"Same shit, different day." Same lie, different day.

What really was up? My father's head was getting bigger and he was craving for more of an authoritative desire. Which meant the land of the free would be conquered soon—willing or unwilling.

"Are you busy?" She broke me out of my thoughts as I shook my head. She chuckled before nodding. "Wanna go somewhere?" She asked as I smiled.

"Like a date?" I teased as she scoffed.

"Not a date," She responded as I winked. "You sure about that, Blondie. I've never had a girl ask me on a date before but since it's you I'll let it slide." She unraveled her hair from her towel before smiling at me.

"Where we going at this early seven in the morning?" I asked as she shrugged. "It's a secret, Blakey." She picked up her phone again before walking out of the bathroom.

"How should I dress?" I asked as she scoffed. "The place I'm taking you- they won't care how you're dressed." They? They won't care?

Who was she taking me to see?

"Just- pick me up in twenty and you'll see," She spoke an order to me as I saluted her. "Yes, mam." I gave her a cheesy smile as she laughed. "Oh and Blake," I raised an eyebrow at her last words before she hung up.

"I'm trusting you with this. Don't let me down," And then the call ended.

 Don't let me down," And then the call ended