16. Unknown Feelings

Start from the beginning

I didn't want a kind, good-looking, or good Muslim; instead, I wanted an arrogant, annoying atheist. What the heck is wrong with me? What I'm saying is, Allah, please forgive me.

"All right, mum," I said, "I'll give it a shot."

"Okay, you will not regret it," she said being excited.

*Next Morning*

I was all ready for college.

I received a text message from Aryamaan stating that they were waiting outside. I grabbed my bag and walked to the door.

"Nandu, Harshad will pick you up after school," Mom yelled from her bedroom.

"Who??"I responded with a shout.

"Son of my friend, the one we talked about yesterday," she remarked, smiling as she walked towards me.

I had completely forgotten about him. I simply agreed and walked out the door. I'm now curious to know more about him.

I told Aryamaan and Navya about Harshad. They were surprised. I assumed that maybe he was a nice guy, but who knows?

To be honest, I was a little nervous about meeting with Harshad. The school was over, and I was waiting for Harshad to pick me up. When I was alone, I saw Alya and Manik.

Manik spotted me and began walking toward me after Alya had left.

He smirked and replied, "Hey princess."

"Hey, jerk," I said, putting on a fake smile.

"How's it going with your father?" I asked.

He said, "We talked things out."

"I'm glad about it," I said, and he grinned back.

"Do you have your project? So I'll be able to finish it? " I asked.

"Yeah, wait," he replied as he pulled papers from his bag.

"Here you go and listen, I want 19/20 or more, so do your best," he smirked.

"And the annoying Manik is back," I muttered, rolling my eyes.

We had a good laugh.

A few minutes later, a black BMW stopped in front of the school. To be honest, the car was so beautiful and by the look on Manik's face, He was also impressed.

"That's my ride home," I said.

"Can you tell me who he is?" Manik asked right away.

"Just a family friend, basically. My mother set us up, which is a funny fact, "I replied.

See, I don't want to make him jealous. Okay, a little bit.

I'm just curious about his reaction, but he doesn't seem to mind. Disappointing

We said our goodbyes, and I walked to my car.

Harshad and I exchanged greetings, and we had a brief discussion about school and the future. He told me that he had already completed his studies and had begun university this year.

He seemed intelligent and was handsome, but not as appealing as Manik. Oh my god, why am I comparing him to Manik?

"Hey, Ummm... could I get your phone number?" Harshad asked, a little nervously.

"Sure... give me your phone," I said. I didn't think twice about it.

We said our goodbyes, and I entered the house, where my mother awaited me in the living room.

She quickly fires out a series of questions. We sat down, and I told her everything that had happened. She was happy.

MANIK POV